Reptiles and Amphibians

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Plenty of beautiful photos in this new treat! Unfortunately on my island there are not that much of objects of this kind to shoot (well, I hope it stays like this, at least for the snakes :))!
Below is about 50% of what we have here... I think some of this I posted before in other treat...

Anolis carolinensis - Carolina anole 7 Male_DxO.jpgAnolis sagrei - Brown Anole 6_DxO_DxO.jpgPhelsuma laticauda 4b_DxO.jpgPhelsuma laticauda 5_DxO.jpgPhelsuma laticauda 7_DxO.jpgDSC_2132_DxO_DxO.jpgDSC_8487_DxO-1_DxO.jpgDendrobates auratus 4_DxO.jpgTrioceros jacksonii - Jackson's chameleon 4_DxO.jpgChelonia mydas - Green sea turtle 3_DxO_DxO.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 14 users
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Plenty of beautiful photos in this new treat! Unfortunately on my island there are not that much of objects of this kind to shoot (well, I hope it stays like this, at least for the snakes :))!
Below is about 50% of what we have here... I think some of this I posted before in other treat...

View attachment 189428View attachment 189429View attachment 189430View attachment 189431View attachment 189432View attachment 189433View attachment 189434View attachment 189435View attachment 189436View attachment 189437
Absolutely stunning pictures, in terms of biology and photography.
Perfect!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Great photos, ISV! However, I can't make biogeographic sense of where you must live. My best guess is Hawaii, and all of these (except the Green Sea Turtle) are introduced species??

Below is about 50% of what we have here...

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Perfect guess mikekeck:)! Anolis carolinensis - Carolina anole, Anolis sagrei - Brown Anole, Phelsuma laticauda, Trachemys scripta elegans - Red-eared slider, Dendrobates auratus and Trioceros jacksonii - Jackson's chameleon are all intruders (as I am:)) on the Island.
There are not native Amphibians on the islands and the only native reptiles are the Sea Turtles, the Yellow bellied sea snake (Pelamis platurus) that I have never seen and the presumably extinct (2013!) Copper striped blue-tailed skink (Emoia impar). The only land snake here is the Brahminy blind snake (Indotyphlops braminus) tiny and stinky if you take it in hand.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019

View attachment 189428View attachment 189429View attachment 189430View attachment 189431View attachment 189432View attachment 189433View attachment 189434View attachment 189435View attachment 189436View attachment 189437

Fantastic!! Absolutely fantastic!!

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Perfect guess mikekeck:)! Anolis carolinensis - Carolina anole, Anolis sagrei - Brown Anole, Phelsuma laticauda, Trachemys scripta elegans - Red-eared slider, Dendrobates auratus and Trioceros jacksonii - Jackson's chameleon are all intruders (as I am:)) on the Island.
There are not native Amphibians on the islands and the only native reptiles are the Sea Turtles, the Yellow bellied sea snake (Pelamis platurus) that I have never seen and the presumably extinct (2013!) Copper striped blue-tailed skink (Emoia impar). The only land snake here is the Brahminy blind snake (Indotyphlops braminus) tiny and stinky if you take it in hand.
Ah ha, but those of us old timers here already knew you were an "invader" amongst Canonites! ;)

Now, don't tell me, you don't have English sparrows? I believe they have the world record for invasions, so much so that they changed their name so as to not be so readily identified.

Jack

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Ah ha, but those of us old timers here already knew you were an "invader" amongst Canonites! ;)

Now, don't tell me, you don't have English sparrows? I believe they have the world record for invasions, so much so that they changed their name so as to not be so readily identified.

Jack
I had to search the web for the "English Sparrow":D - if you mean "House Sparrow" (as I know it) we have plenty. It deserves the name "World Sparrow"!
Concerning the "invaders" - yes, I'm invader in both: Canon rumors (just few years) and Hawaii (more than 18 years), but I'm feeling pretty much home in both;)!

Upvote 0