The Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 won’t ship for a while

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I have been told that both the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 will not begin shipping until July at the earliest. It’s likely we’ll be getting low initial quantities of both cameras as well.
There are obviously delays attached to the COVID-19 pandemic all the way through the supply chain.
I expect both to be announced before then, and I was told today that the EOS R6 was still scheduled to be announced in May.
As for the official Canon EOS R5 announcement? I can’t see Canon dragging it out another 60-90 days, that would crush the hype train that they’ve been building, as there is not much more to tell us about the camera besides very specific specifications and price.
More to come…

Continue reading...

TAF

CR Pro
Feb 26, 2012
Would that be shipping from Japan or from vendors? Here in the US, if they want their vendors to have stock to ship in July, they had better have those cameras complete and ready to ship from the factory no later than mid-May.

Which would suggest that they really must know the price already, since the vendors have to budget to pay for the incoming inventory.

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2015
Canon always finds excuses. Classic move.
In this case, probably not (or everyone always finds excuses, whatever).
Look at the Nikon D6, which has been delayed for months among some Z-mount lenses as well (upcoming RF-mount lenses will likely to be delayed as well), I am expecting the same with Sony cameras and lenses as well, the have postponed an announcement of a cinema camera, but the availability is going to delayed much further.

They are still going to improve the firmware in the meantime, so it only means less firmware updates for later batches.

Upvote 0
Jan 21, 2015
Would that be shipping from Japan or from vendors? Here in the US, if they want their vendors to have stock to ship in July, they had better have those cameras complete and ready to ship from the factory no later than mid-May.

Which would suggest that they really must know the price already, since the vendors have to budget to pay for the incoming inventory.
Ship dates in rumors usually mean buy date

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Ruiloba

80D + R5
Feb 13, 2020
Spain
Some of these specs are a bit of a big deal, though, especially for the stills camp.

- A
Exactly. What about of the blackouts in the evf? What about the rolling shutter? 12 fps in mecanical and 20 on Electronic but in one shot or it is in servo? What about framerate when using a flash or trigger in the hot shoe?

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
Exactly. What about of the blackouts in the evf? What about the rolling shutter? 12 fps in mecanical and 20 on Electronic but in one shot or it is in servo? What about framerate when using a flash or trigger in the hot shoe?

Biggest one for me is all the fine print / specs for fps vs. the 'AF load' on the camera -- tracking, eye AF, etc. and if there is compression applied to e-shutter's highest speeds.

In general, I'm just curious what baggage is required to get these obscene specs running as billed. I still think Canon may have a nasty curveball up their sleeve beyond asking price. Like 'The R5 is $3499 but if you want 8K or 20 fps you have to bolt on this beastly $2k module/grip/fan to do it'.

And though it may be a 45 MP sensor -- which is a staggering bump for the 5D crowd (that I think this rig is gunning for) -- I'm curious to see what kind of sensor it is and what it can do.

And if RF mount will resurrect full time mechanically focusing lenses because FBW is dumb. Sorry, just daydreaming.

- A

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2020
[QUOTE = "Ruiloba, publicación: 829382, miembro: 385093"]
Exactamente. ¿Qué pasa con los apagones en el EVF? ¿Qué pasa con la persiana enrollable? ¿12 fps en mecánica y 20 en electrónica pero de una vez o en servo? ¿Qué pasa con la velocidad de fotogramas cuando se usa un flash o gatillo en la zapata?
[/CITAR]

This is good appreciation. I am intrigued to know if the fps will finally be kept in Servo mode.

Upvote 0