Canon EOS R6 announcement moved to July [CR2]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I have been told that the official announcement for the Canon EOS R6 will not happen until July now. This is coming from two sources and contradicts our own report from two weeks ago that said the camera was still scheduled for announcement in May.
I have also been told not to expect the Canon EOS R6 to begin shipping until late Q3 in 2020, which sounds like August/September.
I haven’t been told if we’ll get a similar development announcement for the EOS R6 that we have had for the EOS R5, but I can’t see that happening.
Canon EOS R6 Specifications:

20mp full-frame CMOS sensor
IBIS
12fps mechanical and 20fps electronic.
4K @ 60p
FullHD @ 120p
Dual card slots
No top-down screen
Lower resolution EVF than the EOS R5
Build quality not as good as the EOS R5
New battery (Not sure if it’s the same as the EOS R5)
July 2020 launch

Continue reading...

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
I hope the R5 announcement will be in May, i can't read anymore the fanboys saying over and over "15 seconds record limit in 8k" "It's just a piece of plastic it won't even turn on" "2022 announcement"

I'm wondering if there is an R5 surprise that allows Canon to sell it at a 5D price point yet still get the bigger dollars for the 8K functionality.

I still think it's a $3499 body, but I would not be shocked at all if there was a one-time service center trip + nasty fee or expensive external bolt-on required to get 8K working. But I haven't obsessed over each wave of announcements -- I don't know if Canon has already stated if that will / will not be the case.

- A

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

DBounce

Canon Eos R3
May 3, 2016
I'm wondering if there is an R5 surprise that allows Canon to sell it at a 5D price point yet still get the bigger dollars for the 8K functionality.

I still think it's a $3499 body, but I would not be shocked at all if there was a one-time service center trip + nasty fee or expensive external bolt-on required to get 8K working. But I haven't obsessed over each wave of announcements -- I don't know if Canon has already stated if that will / will not be the case.

- A
I wouldn’t mind seeing a higher compression ratio enabled for raw with the handgrip, as I believe that would avoid Red’s patent... meaning Canon could implement this higher compression ratio without fear of legal repercussions from Red.

Upvote 0

- A
Sounds like no, they already specified "internal 8k" many times, also the C-log paid upgrade for the 5DmkIV came long after the camera was shipping, they never announced the 5DmkIV having C-log in the original specs

Price is a big mistery right now... Specswise even 4k$ would be reasonable, there is simply no camera with the same specs

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0