The Canon EOS R5 likely won’t be announced next week

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
This is much ado about nothing based on a single local dealer's attempt to get some attention.

Photokina was scheduled to take place May 27-30, 2020. It was expected that Canon's official announcement of the R5 and R6 would take place in conjunction with Photokina 2020. Any pending official product introduction for the R5 will not be "late" until May 27-30 have come and gone without such an announcement having been made.

We've since learned that the R6 announcement will not happen in May, probably due to supply chain issues and Canon's apparent decision to place what resources they have available into getting the R5 launched. As of yet, we've heard no such rumblings regarding the official rollout of the R5. Unless we do, I'd expect Canon to make an official product introduction for the R5 sometime at the end of May.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Oh yes, you knock us down by destroying our hopes that it will be announced on May 16th. Although, it did seem a bit odd that Canon would choose a Saturday to announce it. Then tell us that a workshop, which most or all of us can't attend, (for various reasons) is going to be exciting. Canon and Nikon are both doing a great job of aggravating my patience.

Upvote 0
better watch out, extreme sensitive adults on here and COVID doesn't help either

As well as Killer Hornets, Comet Atlas falling apart, and now Comet Swan approaching earth! Oh, and astroid 2020JJ passed only 4,300 mile from Earth on 4 May! WOA! And finally, CANON will de-thrown Sony and again be the SUPREME LEADER!! Our Lord and King of Peoples is returning! There's so many signs now that the End is Near!!

Upvote 0

derpderp

Pixel Peeper
Jan 31, 2020
I’m already bored with the R5. Canon has milked it for too long. They should go ahead and make the announcement with the full details even if the arrival is still TBD.

agreed, no idea why they just arent announcing it. The hype is dying down and ppl want to know the specifics.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0