The exact announcement date for the Canon EOS R5 is still unknown

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
*Update* July 9, 2020, is the official announcement date.
The Canon EOS R5 is definitely coming in the first part of July, so let’s get that out of the way off the hop.
Which date exactly? I can honestly say that I don’t know. I have now received 4 different announcement dates.
The four dates floating around my inbox are as follows.

June 30
July 2
July 6
July 9

Keep in mind that timezones may change the date in your country for the announcement.
So, not much changes, we’re still going to see the Canon EOS R5 in all its glory very soon.
The next time I post about an announcement date, I will know for sure!

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Max TT

Canon 60D / Canon 6D
Feb 9, 2020
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Colorado

Canon R5
Dec 16, 2013
Question about the R5 in this very serious thread. I haven't read much about rumored auto focus capabilities. I am one of "those" amateurs that has a 1DX Mark Zero even though he doesn't need a 1 series camera. Any thoughts on how the AF capabilities between that and the R5 might compare? My main AF challenges are airshows and dog sports with some fast moving wildlife (birds) thrown in on occasion.

Upvote 0
Mar 4, 2020
"Gals 'n guys, I can tell you that I can tell you nothing." :sleep:

(and as every of these threads without any new information/new rumor gets 10+ pages, I'll continue to do so)
He is just trying to pass on the best information that he has. And it is new information, different than the last expected announcement date. I had not heard June 30 or July 9 as specific possible dates. Would you really rather that he not share what he knows?

It is a Rumor site and he is giving us the best information that he has available. I appreciate the update.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
Question about the R5 in this very serious thread. I haven't read much about rumored auto focus capabilities. I am one of "those" amateurs that has a 1DX Mark Zero even though he doesn't need a 1 series camera. Any thoughts on how the AF capabilities between that and the R5 might compare? My main AF challenges are airshows and dog sports with some fast moving wildlife (birds) thrown in on occasion.

If you have the first 1dx you will be amazed by the difference! Difference from Canon 1dx to Canon 1Dx II was big despite the 1dx mkII AF sistem has it´s flaws. I believe 1Dx III is better than 1dx II. So the R5 will have for sure AF sistem at least at pair with 1dx mkII, however I expect AF sistem to be as good as 1dx III

Upvote 0
R5 & R6 will both be announced at the same time so this rumor technically applies to the R6 as well ;)

https://www.canonrumors.com/the-can...l-be-announced-in-the-first-few-days-of-july/

Of course the R5 is being more hyped than the R6 and the R6 is a little bit "left behind" in this rumor/development announcements. Wht is weird to me is Canon making a big splash of the EOS R5 and tells nothing about the R6. There was no previous announcement or any mention about this R6 What we know so far is what we read here or in other rumor sites...Which is kinda weird...Well..Either the EOS R6 is a very intro camera that Canon decided not to Hype because it´s...an intro level...like let´s say...the RP, or Canon is preparing somehow a surprise out of this...I find it weird no mentions about the camera because even being a intro level camera the rumored specs are quite impressive! At least in video mode...In stills mode we don´t know many thing so far...

So yeah...for me it´s weird we didn´t heard anything so far...not even one leaked photo...nothing! The Camera looks like a "ghost"! :D

Upvote 0