Here is the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6, along with the announcement date

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I don't see myself preordering the Canon R5 for September when Black Friday is only two months later.
Don't get your hopes up. There won't be any significant Black Friday deals on the R5.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Just wanted to shout out to all the individuals who complained about previous posts of what news and info this contributor was able to give us, saying that it was just fluff and pointless, I personally thought and felt he did great and did what he could to keep us informed so now with this great I hope you entitled whiners can now shut your traps for a bit till you find someone else to moan about on here.

Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0

unfocused

Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
To me, one of the most interesting things here is the publicity photo showing all five bodies. My conclusion: (1) The R and RP are staying in the lineup. (2) We aren't going to see any additional bodies anytime soon.

There is a lot of price room between the R and the R5. The R6 is going to come in there somewhere. Maybe $2,300-$2,700?

Upvote 0

unfocused

Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Just wanted to shout out to all the individuals who complained about previous posts of what news and info this contributor was able to give us, saying that it was just fluff and pointless, I personally thought and felt he did great and did what he could to keep us informed so now with this great I hope you entitled whiners can now shut your traps for a bit till you find someone else to moan about on here.
That won't take long.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Uhhh... we already new July 9 at the latest. Nothing substantive here. Where are the prices?

There.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

There is a lot of price room between the R and the R5. The R6 is going to come in there somewhere. Maybe $2,300-$2,700?

Depends what it is competing against. On paper the Z6 has 12 FPS(not really but kinda), and the same MP(rumoured), and low light king, and CFExpress cards. And that camera is £1500 just now and the Sony is £2000. I would go for £2000/$2000 range with good build quality.

Upvote 0
My guess is that the 2.0 85mm macro lens is the third lens from the left and it seems quite compact (but an extending design) - not shure I will buy it but makes an interesting 85mm f/1.8 substitute with (again my guess) 1:2 Macro/Closeup capability.
Maybe I will wait for f/2.8 100 L macro with fixed length design and buy it according to reviews - should be at least equal to the non-L USM equivalent in EF land.

But one remark about RF lenses in general. As user of EF-M and EF-S cameras I have some EF lenses and maybe I will use them for an extended period. Why? I like the fact that I can adapt lots of lenses to all my cameras and stepping into time lapsee I miss, I REALLY MISS distance scales in the lenses which is fast and direct compared to read the distance from the display and wait a second if I have 1 fps with Magic Lantern (display refresh = frame rate ...).

Upvote 0
Mar 4, 2020
They could, probably, at the expense of something else. Presumably image quality.

View attachment 190864
(via LensRentals)

That large, SWC, aspherical rear element? Definitely exploits the properties of the RF mount. It's a very different design to its EF cousins.
I agree. Also, look at the lens cap for the extenders. They stick up a lot like, indicating they have the inserts like the EF extenders they physically go inside the lens. The diagram above of the lens elements shows the back element is basically flush with the lens mount.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Canon better make these the best Full Frame Mirrorless cameras on the market. The hype will put it under so much scrutiny.

I'm not sure if I personally would put that extreme expectation on them for this... I'm coming from a 5D Mkiii and have always been happy with the lenses and then just jumping to the mirrorless would world for the first time with an RP and handful of rF lenses, I've already felt like I've been blown away and spoiled with the features of it compared to my old 5Dmkiii... I know over the years Sony and other companies have done amazing jobs, but I never was able to make the jump so missed out on understanding these expectations... but seeing the quality of photographs from my RP and RF lenses currrently... i'm already so satisfied and can't wait to get a R5 an even if the R5 isnt the BEST Mirrorless camera at the end of this wave, id still be damned happy with the RF lenses I've been using... and I'm looking forward to seeing what Sony will answer with, and even it's better than the R5... I know I'm choosing the R5 because of Canon glass

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Not having something to complain about just shows lack of imagination.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0