Recent content by Aregal

1. A

Here are a couple of Canon EOS M6 Mark II reviews

I believe Canon filed a patent for a SoeedBooster-like adapter. It would be plausible for them to create an M to RF adapter to “bridge” the gap. This would enable M users to transition to RF bodies but also keep the M lenses at a disadvantage compared to a native RF lense. The similar...
  2. A

Canon Patent: Potential cooling for a 1 series camera

That would help me tons here in Texas. I could just dip the heat sink in a styrofoam cup of ice. Haha. I have a friend who literally put a ziploc bag of ice on top of his A6300 to keep it from overheating.
  3. A

Canon Patent: Potential cooling for a 1 series camera

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Blackmagic Design used Peltier coolers but the caveat was that battery power was drained faster. I'm pretty sure Canon has discussed and tested this. I'm just not sure if anyone has further insight into this.
  4. A

More information on the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III [CR2]

I like the touch bar but then again, I do drink the Canon water.
  5. A

More information about the Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM

I think the focus and control ring being combined defeats the entire argument of promoting the control ring in the first place. Just, IMO. For me, it’s been great having the control ring programmed to adjust ISO. If one had to pull focus and then adjust ISO (for what ever reason), it would...
  6. A

A Canon RF 16-28mm f/2L USM is coming [CR1]

I literally had my 5DIV and 70-200/2.8L IS naked in a full-on thunder storm; no rain cover at all. Canon's weather sealing is stellar.
  7. A

I have a friend who specifically looks for scratched/dusty lenses; character. haha
  8. A

Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II information [CR1]

This seems like the true mate of the Sumires; not my EOS R...jk :P
  9. A

I just got my 100-400Lii last week and it's been a joy to use on the 5Div and EOS R. I've only owned constant aperture lenses until the 100-400Lii, which was my biggest turn-off with it until I used it. It might even replace my 70-200/2.8L IS. Answer: Extending Barrel L-series lenses; not a...
  10. A

It is weird, right...but Canon has been perfecting the flappy mirror for multiple decades-not saying that mirrors boxes don't fail. That being said, no one can contest that less moving parts usually results in less points of failure. I guess my doubt stems from the Sonys and Nikons that whos...
  11. A

I feel I'm one of the few who DO NOT want IBIS. Am I alone in this? My concern is durability. My 5D Mark IV has gone through the gamut of production hell from the Arctic Circle to the hot sands of the desert to the hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico. The idea of a moving sensor with the bangs...
  12. A

Bodies: Canon EOS R, 5D Mark IV, 60D, Rebel XS (35mm film) Lenses: 35/1.4L ii, 50/1.2L, 85/1.2L...

Bodies: Canon EOS R, 5D Mark IV, 60D, Rebel XS (35mm film) Lenses: 35/1.4L ii, 50/1.2L, 85/1.2L ii, 16-35/2.8L ii, 70-200/2.8L is, 100-400/4.5-5.6L ii, 85/1.8USM, 28/1.8USM, 40/2.8STM, 24/2.8STM, 10-18/4.5-5.6STM, 50/1.8ii, 50/1.8STM
  13. A

Canon’s EOS-1D X Mark II equivalent mirrorless is coming sooner than originally thought [CR1]

If this is true, I hope the 100-400/4.5-5.6L ii that I got last week will fade to match my 70-200/2.8L i. I can't fight the urge to get the 70-200/2.8L iii to get the lenses to match.
  14. A

Flagship EOS R camera coming in February ahead of CP+? [CR1]

That’s because the R doesn’t have the AF module that the 5DIV has that resides under the mirror. I was talking in terms of sensor and on-sensor AF for video.
  15. A

Flagship EOS R camera coming in February ahead of CP+? [CR1]

I feel the flagship will literally be a 1DxII in mirrorless form much like the R is the 5DIV in mirrorless form. Canon always considered the 1D line as their flagship line. Also, Canon uses their sensor tech until the last drop, maximizing profit while liquidating fabrication stock. That...