Recent content by armd

1. A

An EF & RF mount hybrid mirrorless camera in the works [CR2]

I can't believe that folks are falling for this marketing ploy? It's up there with Musk's hyperbole and the truth is Canon is getting their socks knocked off for being way behind both in terms of AF for DSLRs and in the mirrorless arena. FWIW, before all of the fanboys attack, I have Canon...
  2. A

Industry News: Sony officially announces the α9 II

Had they accomplished this with a 40+ mp sensor it would have been an industry slayer. Must be dual sensor construction or data processing limitations.
  3. A

Canon is gearing up for a big 2020 [CR2]

If Canon can come out with an a9 sensor in 36+ mp, Canon ergonomics, improved battery life, it would be transformative.
  4. A

Patent: 83mp full-frame image sensor from Canon

Will the d-mn thing focus better? I don’t need more MP, the 5dmkiv is sufficient but it’s af is sub par in many circumstances compared to the 1dxii. Just the other day I was trying to photograph a twitchy green heron with strong side lighting and it kept front focusing with a 500 f4 calibrated...
  5. A

Patent: 83mp full-frame image sensor from Canon

No it would never rival MF due to the read noise and DR.
  6. A

Initial testing shows Canon’s new 32.5mp APS-C sensor improves dynamic range over predecessor

One would expect that the DR should be as good as 80D and perhaps greater, though the big question for me is AF. The lack of spot is killer and sadly this doesn’t appear to be a replacement for the aged 7dmkii.
  7. A

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

Unfortunately, we don’t know the specs of the af system apart from 45 cross type af points. If this is simply an 80d af system, it’s no deal.