Recent content by Aussie shooter

1. Aussie shooter

Rp vs 7d2 high iso performance?

Definitely a big improvement with the 6d2 sensor. Thanks for the help mate. You have given me lots to think about.
  2. Aussie shooter

Cheers mate. That would be much appreciated
  3. Aussie shooter

That makes sense. Still the old gen sensor tech. Thank you. Lots of thinking to do. Maybe i'll wait and see what the high res r looks like. I was even thinking the astro R could be worthwhile but it would then be problematic for general use.
  4. Aussie shooter

Interesting that the R is basically the same as the Rp at 1600 and above. And looking at that chart it suggests about only 1 stop better performance than the 7d2. One stop doesn't seem like a lot on paper. What about your actual experience? Is the noise 'better' noise? Does it seem like more...
  5. Aussie shooter

My 7d2 just doesn't cut it for aurora photography. I love it. But i have to consider upgrading to a FF for this particular purpose(and obviously it would get used for general landscapes etc). I am wondering what the actual difference is in high iso performance(1600-3200) btween an rp and the...
  6. Aussie shooter

What’s next from Canon?

I don't understand why the 7d2 is not considered 'professional' . So what if it has a crop sensor. Everything else about it is absolutely top shelf and it is a camera regularly used by professional photographers. Makes no sense really
  7. Aussie shooter

Australian wildlife

Handheld at 10mm(on a 7d2) and a distance of a few inches. She does not care about personal space.
  8. Aussie shooter

Cue the head spinning, The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III to be 20.1mp? [CR1]

You can't test with old sensor though. The old sensor does not have the same capabilities as the new one will. It lacks the improved dual pixel architecture, the focusing points etc etc. It isn't just a matter of resolution is it?
  9. Aussie shooter

Australian wildlife

Working in a wildlife sanctuary gives me the opportunity to shoot lots of Aussie animals. Not strictly speaking 'wildlife anymore most of the ani.als here are rescued animals or animals like the Tasmanian Devils that are part of conservation and breeding programs. The two baby Devils are only a...
  10. Aussie shooter

More information on the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III [CR2]

I wouldn't want to give the impression that I love shutter noise. ;) Jack Don't lie. We all get slightly aroused when hearing the sound of a mirror slapping up and down at 14fps
  11. Aussie shooter

My guess is that if a dozen machine guns were going off at once it would be more significant than one. Also, if I were leading a group, knowing that noises might be problematic, I'd error on the side of quietness. Personally, I wouldn't make as strong a statement as was made, but here I am...
  12. Aussie shooter

I never ever NEVER EVER found the shutter to scare ANY wildlife in ANY part of the world. Never Ever. No bird. No mammal. NONE I have been in situations(on the deck of a boat parked in the ice with approaching polar Bears) where it was a must to go to silent shutter mode on a 7d2. there was...
  13. Aussie shooter

Cue the head spinning, The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III to be 20.1mp? [CR1]

Wouldn't the resolution be more likely to be determined by the transfer speed of the wireless transmitter? rather than the potential processing speeds canon can produce. This camera has to serve the purposes of sports photographers. Is it likely that the ability to transfer images wirelessly...
  14. Aussie shooter

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS Ra astrophotography camera

They have plenty of dedicated mirrorless bodies for video. It's called the cinema range. I am surprised you haven't heard of them.
  15. Aussie shooter

Patent: Canon is working on shrinking the size of mirrorless cameras

Kind of seems pointless. The Rp is already very small. Why go smaller? Sony began their FF mirrorless journey with the 'Smaller and lighter' concept being uppermost in their design parameters. Now they are heading the other way(although will forever be stuck with that stupid lens mount because...