Recent content by Aussie shooter

1. Aussie shooter

Reptiles and Amphibians

Going through and doing some re-edits of my travel photos to improve them with the benefit of hindsight. Here is a portrait of a sunbaking Marine iguana tryong to warm up after a swim in the cool waters
  2. Aussie shooter

Will dSLR's be sustained only by nostalgia?

You are possibly correct. What i can see is that they may just keep a 'wildlife' camera available in dslrs and basically just swap the rest over to mirrorless
  3. Aussie shooter

I agree that there are still big issues to overcome but there are a couple of reasons i think almost all users will make the switch. Firstly. The technology will go close to overcoming the issues like eye strain and shutter lag. Secondly. I think they will eventually release apsc cameras with RF...
  4. Aussie shooter

The thing is that is such a logical path that it didnt really need to be stated anyway. The EF lineup is so comprehensive as to basically mean there is no room for improvement. If you cant find what you want in the EF line then you really are just hard to please. There is no reason for canon to...
  5. Aussie shooter

AF fail on RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS...Because of firmware update?

Did you actually suffer the initial focusing problem that prompted the new firmware in the first place? Or did you just do the update because there was a problem reported with the lenses?
  6. Aussie shooter

That list pretty mich hits the nail on the head. Tbh though battery life is fast becoming a minor issue as technology improves but the eye strain and the lag(as minor as it may seem to some) may never be fixed unless there is some new technology coming that we dont know about.
  7. Aussie shooter

Obviously you failed to read the rest of my post just after the bit you quoted.
  8. Aussie shooter

That means you assume that an EVF can be made to work at the speed of light. Fact is there will ALWAYS be lag. it is a matter of whether that lag can be reduced enough for serious wildlife photographers. Clearly you are not a serious wildlife photographer so you probably have little...
  9. Aussie shooter

It all depends on whether or not they can eliminate noticeable lag and eye strain in the EVF. If they can. Then DSLR will not even be sustained by nostalgia. if they can not then there will always remain a small niche group(predominantly wildlife photographers) who stick with DSLR's for...
  10. Aussie shooter

Two new EOS R bodies coming in the first half of 2020 [CR3]

Not just you. The grip IS a crime against humanity. But they are even addressing that so cudos to them. As for the 'spec war'. They will probably have to offer the specs. Even if they are half assed but I hope they don't go down that path and just keep offering good quality, reliable and...
  11. Aussie shooter

Show your Bird Portraits

Beautiful light on the Kingfisher
  12. Aussie shooter

Sports R: Why not now?

Maybe it is to make sure they recoup the costs of the 1dx3 development. Even if they just ensure a break even point is reached before releasing a mirrorless version. As you said. They clearly have the tech now which is better than displayed in the a92. But it doesn't benefit anyone for canon to...
  13. Aussie shooter

What's your deal-breaker for the EOS Rs*

Just wait for the rmk2 and dont get the hi res model.
  14. Aussie shooter

Eos 7d mii and heat

Spent 3 years in the tropics with mine and never an issue although i do seem to be having an issue now that i have moved to a colder locale. Only really happening with one lens however but i haven't figured out why yet
  15. Aussie shooter

Show your Bird Portraits

Looks rather trippy that way.