Recent content by Aussie shooter

1. Aussie shooter

Black & White

Cheers mate. So do I.
  2. Aussie shooter

Black & White

I captured this image the other day in the Tasmanian highlands during a period of snowy weather. I love it for its stark depiction of the harsh realities of the almost alpine areas
  3. Aussie shooter

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

It is Incredible how close the wildlife allows to to get in the Galapagos isn't it?
  4. Aussie shooter

Looks like you had a good trip. Hope you didn't regret leaving the prime behind.
  5. Aussie shooter

RF Mount 7D2 replacement? Could it happen?

But there is still the problem of the evf for wildlife shooting. I can't see anything stopping canon overcoming the other challenges such as focusing and speed etc but I am not sure an evf will ever be a match for an ovf for this niche. On the other hand it may get to the point of the camera...
  6. Aussie shooter

Can someone explain to me what the 'cinematic' look is? And why it is better than 30fps? Surely that is like saying printing a massive print is better with 12mp than it is with 60 because that is how it was 'traditionally'.
  7. Aussie shooter

Canon EOS 90D promotional video appears to have leaked

You are wrong on much of that. Cards do fail. Rarely, but it happens. I have had one fail on me. Luckily it was in a 7d2 and I record images to both cards because it contained one of my best images from a trip to the Galapagos. A trip I spent a lot of money on and one which I doubt I will ever...
  8. Aussie shooter

All is quiet regarding the EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

So no IBIS on either model? Or did I miss something? Not that I personally care about IBIS but if it isn't there it will be used as a way to ignore the positive aspects of the cameras. As a 7d2 shooter however, despite the good bits about the 90d it is not a replacement for me
  9. Aussie shooter

Third party prime for night sky photography/Auroras

Thanks for the info but probably not the best option for aurora shots.
  10. Aussie shooter

Bad News for 7DIII? Nikon Dropping D500 Line?

I would agree that there is more chance of a medium format canon then a M4/3. Not that that is saying much. Harry film could probably let us know.
  11. Aussie shooter

Yeah. I am really think 1.8 minimum and preferably 1.4. That would go a long way to make up for the lower SnR of the 7d2 sensor.
  12. Aussie shooter

I am looking at getting a fast prime for milky way and aurora photography. Running a 7d2 atm so thinking something that will give me around a 20mm equivalent on the crop sensor but obviously will fit a FF when I go in that direction. Any suggestions on a decent affordable option?
  13. Aussie shooter

Canon EOS 90D and Canon EOS M6 Mark II announcements coming at the end of August

Very irritating. But there is no way they can keep the price down and specs up without sacrificing build quality.
  14. Aussie shooter

Canon EOS 90D and Canon EOS M6 Mark II announcements coming at the end of August

Obviously. Which is why everyone has been saying it will be a step down in some aspects. Not all. But there is no way it can be considered a replacement for a 7d2 as it cannot do what a 7d2 can in respect to durability. It can for an 80d however. Ergo it is a step down from a 7d2 overall and a...
  15. Aussie shooter

If you bought the 7d2 as a video camera I'd say you bought wrong. If you haven't and are just referring to your final choice being the 80d then no surprises there. None of us are talking about the 7d2 as a video camera. It isn't. We are talking about it as a 7d2 and why the 90d will be a step...