Recent content by Aussie shooter

1. Aussie shooter

Canon registers a 32.5mp APS-C DSLR in Taiwan

Absolutely. Taking a single frame from good video would produce a terrible still image as a general rule, as the shutter speeds required to produce good videography rarely match the shutter speed required to produce a good still in the same situation. While there are similarities in the art...
  2. Aussie shooter

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

Not sure how i feel about this. It is certainly not a good enough camera to upgrade from my 7d2. Lacking the build quality, joystick and af point selection lever, fewer af points, small wheel and (I would assume a smaller body) it would not be the 'professional' apsc body that a 7series is.it...
  3. Aussie shooter

A new Canon DSLR seems to be getting teased on social media by a Canon ambassador

It was canon but I don't think it was an ambassador. I think it was someone they were going to get to do some photography and then turned her down when they realized she didn't have the required followers. As for the 'ambasadors'. I think the willingness they have to chop and change depending on...
  4. Aussie shooter

A new Canon DSLR seems to be getting teased on social media by a Canon ambassador

I just searched Andy Rouse on Instagram and got an andy rouse with 'canon ambassador' next to his name. Edit. Just checked his facebook and he is definitely saying it isn't canon. Olympus is the best bet.
  5. Aussie shooter

Canon registers a 32.5mp APS-C DSLR in Taiwan

Still worried that this will wi d up being a downgrade from the 7d2(overall) and an upgrade from the 80d. Hopefully it remains the same body as a 7d2.
  6. Aussie shooter

If you go R/RF?

Interesting if I replace the holy trinity with native lensesit would be those three pluse the ef 11-24 with drop in filter adapter.
  7. Aussie shooter

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

I think an increase in DR is a given. Hell. They would get that if they simply stuck the 80d sensor in. But to be honest DR has never been an issue on my 7d2. It is pretty rare to shoot at ISO100 on that camera and when I do it is because I have perfect light. A sensor that performs better at...
  8. Aussie shooter

Totally agree. I would most likely buy a 7d3 to upgrade my mk2 but i don't feel the ned to go to 30plus mp. No aa filter and a slight bump in MP would be fine. It is the little things i want. Spot metering linked to af point, f8 af across the board better focusing algorithms etc. They are what...
  9. Aussie shooter

It is if they produce a 32mp apsc sensor but not an equivalent pixel density FF sensor.
  10. Aussie shooter

Antarctic Photo Tours- Recommendations/Experiences Please?

And also. Book the longest trip you can afford. If you get one that only gives 4 days on the peninsula then bad weather could shorten that down to very little. O e that has at least 8-10 days of landing is preferable as it allows for weather to change. And while i didn't do it(this time)...
  11. Aussie shooter

There is one other reason i like to have a second(specifically a cheaper or older body that i have upgraded from)camera. And that is because i am willing to risk it in situations I don't like taking my more expensive body that i really can't afford to lose. Kayaking in iffy conditions or on...
  12. Aussie shooter

Antarctic Photo Tours- Recommendations/Experiences Please?

I went with Gadventures to both the Antarctic and the Arctic and finally to the Galapagos. Was very happy with them(barring a cancellation initially to the Antarctic due to mechanical issues-They eventually gave me an upgraded trip at no extra cost). Not the most expensive option and while not...
  13. Aussie shooter

My main trips are to places like the Antarctic, Arctic and Galapagos. Even considering Kamchacta peninsula as my next big trip. So a spare body(even if it is just a rebel) is essential for peace of mind if nothing else
  14. Aussie shooter

The other problem with having a fast action, tough as nails FF camera that can have a crop applied in camera to enable high frame reate shooting is that it will be a tough as nails FF camera and will therefore cost what any other tough as nails FF would cost. Ie. A crap load more than a 7...
  15. Aussie shooter

I can't see a 7d series body and a high MP r body being a similar price. In Aus a 7d2 is around 2500. A high mp r body that can shoot at 10fps and has 7d quality ergonomics and build quality is going to be waaaay more than that. Minimum 5k. So double the price.and if it doesn't have the same...