Recent content by Berowne

1. Berowne

A few more images of the Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM leak out ahead of this week’s announcement

Here is the res. Canon-USA Video: A Look at the RF 85mm F1.2 L USM with Rudy Winston
  2. Berowne

A few more images of the Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM leak out ahead of this week’s announcement

ca. 3000€ for a 85mm Prime-Lens. Canon will finally enter the Leica/Otus-Class. :-)
  3. Berowne

Adobe testing a new price point for the Creative Cloud Photography Plan

& re: Neuros comment about old LR-Versions. I use LR 5.7 and if necessary (renting a 1Dx :)) the Adobe DNG-Converter. Gave away LR 3 and LR 4 to friends of my son. LR 5 is fast enough for me, i am used to it and would not change it. But if i change, it surely would be Capture One. My impression...
  4. Berowne

Canon executives say a lot more coming in 2019

I am pretty impressed by the openness of the Canon-Management. I always thought, that japanese companies are secretive, but Canon seems to practise a different approach. This is nice.
  5. Berowne

Canon engineers talk all things RF, DS and DO

Nothing new.
  6. Berowne

The new RF-Lenses are to be seen at "The Photography Show"

5 Canon RF lenses make European debut at The Photography Show
  7. Berowne

Is the term ISO “totally fake”?

Kit, if i remember well, the exposure meter is sensitive to different colours (measures different values for different colours), but not the sensor. Anyway, if you take photos of a grey-card (18%), this should not matter at all.
  8. Berowne

Is the term ISO “totally fake”?

"CMOS and CCDs both record the photo-electric charge" - so this is the reason why they are called analog devices? Because charge is a continuous value, not a discrete one (0 or 1).
  9. Berowne

Industry News: Here’s the Leica Q2

You should! My son grabbed a Leica Q two years ago or so. It is a nice camera and the IQ is quite pretty.
  10. Berowne

Canon EOS RP body price confirmed at $1299 USD, and we’re very happy about it

1299 Dollar = 1150€. This is aggressive pricing!
  11. Berowne

Canon to announce an RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS (Defocus Smoothing)

Maybe this is one of the "concept lenses" which were mentioned by Mr. Mizoguchi in the interview with Dave Etchells at Imaging Resource.
  12. Berowne

UK pricing and ship date for the Canon EOS RP [CR1]

This may be ca. 1600€. The Sony Alpha 7 II is about 1250€. So the pricing is by far not aggressive.
  13. Berowne

Patent: Canon continues to work on focal length reducers

Is this the "concept lens", which was mentioned by Mr. Mizoguchi in the interview with Dave Etchells at Imaging Resource?
  14. Berowne

Canon confirms 8K capable EOS R camera in development

You are right Jethro, this was also an interesting statement. Canon will stay with a threefold path of development in stills-photography regarding the three mount-systems (EF, R and M). And he said, that the reason to stay with DSLR-Development is the fact, that about 70% of the marked is...
  15. Berowne

Canon confirms 8K capable EOS R camera in development

I think, the most interesting part of the interview was not the 8k-video stuff, but rather the impression of some transparency in the answers of the Canon-People. For instance the indirect admission, that there have been "challenges" (this reads as limitations) for further lens-development...