Recent content by bichex

1. B

Canon Third Quarter 2019 Financials

A 7D III would probably have added to the cause. After 5 years I think many users would be willing to update
  2. B

Do you think the 90D is superior to the 7DII?

As the owner of both 80D and 7D2 cameras, I believe that 80D does not come near 7D2. Obviously I have not tried the 90D but it seems a good evolution of the 80D, getting a little closer in some aspects to the 7D2, beyond a better sensor. I think the question should be "do you think 90D is...
  3. B

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

Apparently it is a good and logical evolution of the 80D, but it is not a replacement for the 7D II, and it is logical, it is only a 90D. I have both 7D II and 80D cameras, and 80D is of little use for what I do. An uncertain future for 7D shooters, but hopefully Canon will cover that niche with...
  4. B

Canon takes top 3 places for cameras used in ePhotozine Gallery

Another reason why it seems a bad idea to cancel the 7D line. There is no 80D in the top ten, so a 90D is hardly a solution
  5. B

total eclipse

Use live view At the time of the total eclipse, no filters are needed. minutes before use 10-step nd filter
  6. B

total eclipse

gracias
  7. B

total eclipse

Yesterday I was able to shoot a total solar Eclipse in Argentina. A marvel. The second photo is a montage of two images of the exact moment of the total eclipse.
  8. B

A Canon RF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM is on the way [CR2]

Maybe it's about Switchable 1.4x & 2.0x teleconverter
  9. B

Dragonflies and Damselflies

gracias
  10. B

Gracias
  11. B

7 DII + 100-400II
  12. B

What super-telephoto zooms do you use?

On my last trip I was able to use a 200-500 nikon with a companion D850 at some point. The af seemed much slower than the canon 100-400 II; also in 500 mm they have to close the F a little for better clarity. The guide on the other hand used a nikon D500 with a sigma 150-600. Pesima quality of...
  13. B

No crop on 4K coming in next APS-C DSLR [CR1]

I do not make video but I guess it's good to have video without crop. Some suggest that this camera will replace the current 7D and it will be better, I do not believe at all, the rumors indicate that the 7D line will be canceled and this new camera will be a replacement for the 80D. Unless you...
  14. B

What should I replace my 7D II with?

Same dilemma. It is a headache. My 7D II also has a lot of use and has some flaws. Buy an 80D as a backup body for a trip to Ecuador but the AF is much lower and not having the jostick for the quick change of AF points makes the 80D a bad tool that can not in any way replace the 7D II. A 90D as...