Recent content by bks54

1. B

Breaking down the latest Canon gear to appear for certification

You didn't just call the 6D2 sensor "half-decent" did you? :)
  2. B

Yes, I agree with this, but if true then either the leaked certification information omits this s/R style camera or the leaked specs for the K433 (26 mp) are wrong. BTW, your web sites are inspirational.
  3. B

Peace brother. Disagreement is not abuse.
  4. B

I was hoping that you would actually provide some evidence for your original observation. The rumored EOS Rx or whatever will supposedly have a 26 mp sensor. My point is that such a sensor "size" could arguably be appropriate for higher-speed, higher-spec camera, and that the R is positioned in...
  5. B

How on earth would a mirrorless 1DXII derivative be anything other than high-end? And where did you hear a leak about the multi-function bar being missing?
  6. B

Rumors are rumors, but I don't remember any rumor that suggested that the first FF mirrorless would be a higher end model, and there have been many arguments advanced that the R will be followed by a higher end model in the next year or so. See the original post of this thread "So expect this...
  7. B

It amazes me how pixel count alone can be enough to predict all the other features of a sensor and a camera. So I suppose the Sony a7 and a9 are similar because they have the same pixel count?
  8. B

K433 is much more likely to be a higher end (high speed) model.
  9. B

Lots of New mirrorless and DSLR cameras in the pipeline

I don’t know why we should expect this to be all that Canon has in the pipeline. After all, there was a different shorter list leaked on Nokishita only a month ago. Who is to say there won’t be another list in a few months time. Canon did a great job keeping most of the features of the EOS R secret.
  10. B

Interview: Talking with Canon about the EOS R system and its future

EOS R, is it positively an EOS 5D class camera? Mr. Kiyota : I believe so. (Google Translated) This is like a Rorschach test. Note that the question referred to "5D class". Not 5DIV or anything else. Depending on your psychological state, you could interpret this to mean that a Canon spokesman...
  11. B

Functionality being added to the Canon EOS R soon after release with firmware update

Exactly. Just like when you buy a new computer model off the shelf, there is often already a software update needed because time has elapsed since it shipped, and software has advanced. Canon had the hardware ready to ship in volume and was continuing to work on the firmware including some new...
  12. B

What lenses are coming next for the Canon RF mount?

An EF update with IS would be fine too. But eventually Canon may release a long lens or two in RF mount to gradually encourage movement towards the new system. Since the current 400 5.6 is a fine lens, it could stay in the catalog after an RF IS version is released.
  13. B

What lenses are coming next for the Canon RF mount?

I think they will use the RF mount to showcase lenses they don't have already or are due for update: 1. 180 or 200 mm macro; possibly f2.8 with IS. 2. 100 mm f1.4 3. 135 f1.8 or 2 IS 4. 20 mm f1.8 IS 5. 400 mm f5.6 IS
  14. B

Opinion: Canon is causing its own problems with the RF mount

I think adapting RF lenses to current EOS-M cameras is impossible. But what about a future EOS-M camera? Could Canon make a mount that adjusts to accept either EF-M or RF lenses?