Recent content by blackcoffee17

1. B

Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L DS USM, RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM and other accessories will be announced soon

What do you mean? Most of RF lenses are L lenses, apart from 2.
  2. B

Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L DS USM, RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM and other accessories will be announced soon

They launched 10 amazing lenses in a year. I'm sure 24 and 35mm L lenses are also in development, just like a 100-400. They cannot launch 50 lenses in a year, patience. In the meantime the EF 35mm works perfectly and it's quite amazing.
  3. B

SIGMA again announces EF-M lenses, and mount conversion service

The EF-M 55-200 is great for weight at only 260g, while the 70-200 IS is 760g, quite heavy for M bodies, close to 1kg with the adapter. What i would like is a bit better lens optically and in build quality for maybe 100-150g more. So a 55-200 with better IQ, maybe F 5.6, metal mount and...
  4. B

Looks like they did put a bit more effort into the M6 (i did not expect that new sensor or uncropped 4K) and the 32mm lens. This gives me hope that a few better lenses will come eventually.
  5. B

Maybe with an extendable design or DO elements, which i doubt Canon will use for M mount lenses. Or lenses can be made smaller by decreasing the quality a bit. My problem with Canon and M mount is that they seems to think no-one is interested in higher quality lenses, so they keep producing...
  6. B

At 400mm the size of the lens is 95% defined by the aperture and not the sensor size. A 400mm 5.6 lens needs a 71mm diameter front element, no matter the sensor size. And all other lens element need to be sized accordingly. Smaller aperture, like 6.3 and less corrections would make a lens...
  7. B

Canon always stated that the L designation is for full frame lenses only. Except some cine lenses and the compacts with fixed lenses. So i don't we will ever see an L lens which is not full frame. But i don't care about L as long as they produce some quality lenses like the 32mm 1.4. That lens...
  8. B

Canon officially announces the EOS M200

So it has no DPAF in 4K. Beginners will gonna like blurry 4K videos with jumping AF.
  9. B

This one is pocketable with the 22mm, the 250D is not, no matter what.
  10. B

Does it still has micro USB? What is the 4K crop and does it have DPAF in 4K?
  11. B

Patent: Canon RF 70-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM and more

Yes, i know about pixel density, im not a beginner. How many FF cameras are out there with the same pixel density or a 20 MP apsc? One? And how many can have the same speed of a 7D dor example? Zero? I am talking about Canon land. Let's not talk about price. The Sony A74 is better option than...
  12. B

Yes, you splitting hairs. The field of view is equivalent to a 320-900mm on a relatively cheap A6XXX body. Could have mentioned the A74 but that's a $3000+ body.
  13. B

Nikon has the 200-500 which is not a third party. Canon does not have anything if one wants longer than 400mm and cannot spend tons of money on a 500mm prime
  14. B

Small niche? I don't think so. Adapting a third party lens is still not the same as native, especially when AF is crucial. And also does not bring any money to Canon. Sony exec said in an interview that their new 200-600 is very popular. Not hard to see why. Having 320-900mm (on APS-C) internal...
  15. B

I think the 70-400 is more like a high-end 100-400 L type of lens.