Recent content by blindcat

1. B

Adobe Has Released the Last Perpetual Update of the Standalone Version of Lightroom

20 GB Storage? Compared to my local storage this is a thumbnail cache ... Very sad.
  2. B

Sigma Warns of Lens Aberration Correction Bug with Select Sigma Lenses and Canon EOS 6D Mark II, EOS

Re: Sigma Warns of Lens Aberration Correction Bug with Select Sigma Lenses and Canon EOS 6D Mark II, The day before yesterday I bought a 35mm 1,4 Art lens. I use it on the 5D MK IV. At home I thought first it's broken, because it showed circles and rings with sharp edges in the preview of the...
  3. B

Canon Announces the EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR

First posted body price for germany 4065,- Euro Hihi. Off the list for a while.
  4. B

Kill Basti V2.0 Online

Hi everyone. I have one addon to show. A side by side comparison of raw footage, cgi, result and a 2009 preview ... Interesting for a view behind the scenes (layers :-) https://vimeo.com/133014313 Greets, Frankie
  5. B

Kill Basti V2.0 Online

Dear Friends of Canon Gear, I like to show you a movie, that was not filmed completley with a DSLR, but half with a Canon HV20 (HDV Camcorder) and half with a Canon EOS 5D MK II. So I think it matches. It's a short (7 min.) and cheap made (100€) amateur movie. The central motivation is REVENGE...
  6. B

Introducing the Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II

Re: Introducing the Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II Bought when out :-)
  7. B

6d for filmmaking?

I own a 5D2 and do a lot of videowork. The RAW option is important to me, but in fact I use non-RAW in 99% of the time. Unfortunatly the 5D2 has some limits in the video mode (the native one as well) like not using a Full HD resolution on the sensor for video. In real life you get an advantage...
  8. B

The end of the 5D line?

And Note: If you would use Magic Lantern for your 5D3 you have a video IQ that beats all stuff you mentioned. Never expect Canon to support ML officialy. And why you need that? Just use it and smile.
  9. B

Time Reloaded - 5D2

I wouldn't leave the camera. I sat there and had an eye on it all the time :-) Beside controlling if all recordings are properly working.
  10. B

Time Reloaded - 5D2

Thanks for the kind words. Now its a video of the week at wppi online :-) http://blog.wppionline.com/2014/03/video-of-the-week-rethinking-time-lapse-with-dazzling-compilations-of-day-and-night/
  11. B

Spot to take pictures of skyscrapers in NY in the dark

I vote for the staten island ferry, too. IS stabilized fast lens and high ISO recommended. I love the night skylines I took from there. If you have a good sunset, right beside the ferry port in manhatten you have a nice view. Have fun.
  12. B

Time Reloaded - 5D2

Thank you very much :-)
  13. B

Time Reloaded - 5D2

Hi there, inspired by the Still Photo Series Time is a Dimension by Fong Qi Wei I created a Film that travels through the Time, Light and Night. It was shot with a 5D Mark II. Enjoy: Time Reloaded on Vimeo (click on the link below the video when embedding has an error) Thank you, - Frankie