Recent content by briangus

1. B

We’ve received the pricing for the new RF lenses

Strange the prices listed in THB as just checked the Canon TH website and only have prices for the 35, 50 and 24-105 the 28-70 is listed but no price and no sign of the RF85 F1.2 The RF50 F1.2 is listed as $2299.00 on US site which is approx ฿70350 at current rates On Canon TH it is listed as...
  2. B

95mm ND filter recommendation please?

I would also check the filter rim thickness as bought a Sigma ceramic protection filter. The rim was too thick for the lens hood so had to unscrew to reverse or remount.
  3. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Came across a pair of Sea Eagles that were nesting in a park in centre of Singapore. Seems the tree they usually nest in was cut down so they moved in next door. EOS5DiV and 400 F2.8 II and 2x TC
  4. B

Seems to be confirmed: RF 85mm F1.2L USM will cost 3000€

and so could you so buy now whilst you can enjoy
  5. B

Need advice/feedback for the Gitzo GH1382QD Series 1 Center Ball Head

The first time my knob fell off i managed to retrieve and screw back in The second time not so lucky as was carrying the camera/lens on the tripod when went limp, didn't suspect the missing knob Luckily local camera shop advertising they were the service centre for Gitzo so a new knob was there...
  6. B

Need advice/feedback for the Gitzo GH1382QD Series 1 Center Ball Head

I have the Gitzo GH1382QD ball head on my Gitzo traveller and liked it so much I ended up buying the series 3 for my GT3542LS Only issue I have is the knobs seem to loosen of themselves and can drop off. Tighten up as I pack up and do the same before I venture out on another trip
  7. B

EOS-R Images

EOSR and 200mm F2
  8. B

EOS R and 135 L issue?

Used the 135 F2 and the R at a gig end of last year - someone else had mentioned 135/R issues in a post around the same time. Light levels were pretty low but the performance was less than stellar. Had issues with It focusing and if it did lock on focus it started to hunt. Eventually I switched...
  9. B

Black & White

Marina Bay Sands Lightshow
  10. B

Deal: Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II $7999 (Reg $9999) and Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II $9499 (Reg $11499)

The shop was Cathay Photo and the price included GST Unfortunately it was the last 400 they had. They did offer me a 600mm F4 IS II for an extra S$1000
  11. B

Deal: Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II $7999 (Reg $9999) and Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II $9499 (Reg $11499)

Was in local camera shop last week when shop assistant tells me they have a new 400mm F2.8L IS II for just over 8K Sing dollar Was bonus time so left them with an empty box and strolled home with my new toy over my shoulder Paid S$8450 which is about $6200 US
  12. B

EOS R, Canon BG-E22 Battery Grip review?

I've not seen any reviews but bought one as soon as it was available. It definitely helps on the bigger lenses. Since I bought the 28-70 I very rarely use the R without it. After a shooting session I just plug into the USB and give it a top up
  13. B

Miscellaneous Wildlife

Thanks Click
  14. B

Miscellaneous Wildlife

Some shots with EOS R at Sungei Bulow Nature Reserve. Paradise Tree snake - EOS R and 100-400 and 1.4 TC Baby Monitor that I almost stood on EOS R with 100-400 MkII and 1.4 TC Robber Fly - EOS R and 100 F2.8 Macro and Kenko 7mm Ext tube
  15. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Apologies for the late reply, been a bit busy of late. I can concur with what he was experiencing with the 100-400 and the R in low light. Was thinking at the time that the fabled firmware update might resolve the issue. I updated firmware when it was released and managed a trip to Sungei today...