Recent content by Busted Knuckles

1. B

Industry News: Sigma fp to begin shipping on October 25, 2019

It has 4k, and 18 fps. Didnt see max shutter speed. Makes for high speed flash shots being all electronic an interesting thing to reaearch.
  2. B

Canon EOS R “One YEAR Later” REVIEW…does it hold up?

I agree with perplexing. Unit volume is going to be a real sticky problem. The real interesting mega glass for the R is a decent bet - coming out with identical f number focal lengths a bit smaller doesn't lend itself to be lens sales, just adapter sales, and only 1 of those per camera...
  3. B

Canon to announce EOS-1D X equivalent EOS R system camera in 2021?

I did this w/ a loop and my T3i "back in the day" was kind of clunky, though it worked well for videos. I hacked a diopter adj for the optical view finder and attached it to the loop. Pretty quick on/off and pretty effective. Slowed the auto focus (live view) but w/ magic lantern, focus...
  4. B

Patent: 83mp full-frame image sensor from Canon

Could it be that Canon is going to do in both directions - an 1DxIII what 30 ish MP and lots of FPS, etc., AND a 5DsR replacement w/ lots of MP and not so many FPS? I did notice I had to up my technique - not hard, just pay attention - when I rented the 5Dsr over my 5DIII. I agree w/ those...
  5. B

We’ve received the pricing for the new RF lenses

I wonder what they are capable of resolving? If the rumor of 60+++mo sensor... might be at those levels??
  6. B

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

Pixel density of the APC so matching up IBIS and LIS would be key to get the benefit. I noticed I had to step up my technique when I rented the 5DsR compared to the 5DIII. Wonder if having an AA filter even matters at that level (I guess it would based on the APC pixel size) Would likely be...
  7. B

Canon working on another f/2 zoom lens for the RF mount [CR1]

Connect to a 50 or better mp sensor and there would be a whole lot if takers.
  8. B

IBIS and 100mp coming to an EOS R camera? [CR2]

1 and done for me.
  9. B

A size comparison between the RF 24-105mm f/4L IS and RF 28-70mm f/2L

I like the idea of using the adapter that has filter insert I think that would be wonderful way to manage all my filters diameters on all my lenses.
  10. B

What happens if Canon and Nikon enter FF mirrorless in different price points?

Simply waiting for update to the 5dsr. Hoping it is mirrorless and I will trade in the 5d3 amd 1dx1 and what ever $$ needed. That will do me for the next 6-7 years
  11. B

5D Mark V wish list

LoL!!!! Love it
  12. B

Patent: More Diffractive Optics Supertelephoto Formulas

Sorry for the hijack, just addressing the mirror issue..... With an "N" of 1. I used a Sony a6500 (mirror less APC) re: viewfinder. I turned off the screen and turned on the EVF to longest "on time" and then would occasionally do the 1/2 press to keep it turned o i.e. no start up lag, etc...
  13. B

Patent: More Diffractive Optics Supertelephoto Formulas

GAS flare up just thinking of them. Hope I win the lottery soon.
  14. B

Will it be worth waiting for?

Interesting comments. Bit if a troll topic. Rather than spreadsheet features, what 3 features are hding back your images from the next level? What features are inbetween the "almost got it" you have now and the "got it" that you are looking for? Canon, Nikon etc 1st duty is to their...
  15. B

The List of Gear to be Announced in February, Including More Speedlite Information [CR3]

Something is up, the deal prices on the 5dSr are pretty low. Typically a sign of a change in the wind, sort of like my knees.