Recent content by camerabug

1. camerabug

What about that EF 200-600mm f/4.5-5.6 IS from Canon?

I'm really starting to wonder if Canon has abandoned development of any L lens in an EF mount now.
  2. camerabug

Patent: Canon camera with in-body stabilization and in-lens stabilization working together.

The most important question now is "WHEN"? Once I see a reliable eye-autofocus, dual card slots and dependable IBIS with an improved sensor, I'll probably buy but who can say whether I will ever see that time before I close my eyes for the last time.
  3. camerabug

The Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM: The developers answer 10 questions

The new glass looks amazing but way too expensive for now. Love to get into this system but RF glass is a one way street. EF glass allows me to go both ways.
  4. camerabug

The first supertelephoto for the RF mount to be an RF 500mm f/4L IS [CR1]

With all this emphasis on RF glass, I'm really interested to see how well the R and RP and selling. This new glass is uber expensive and those of us with EF lenses , it's a hard sell to justify buying one way glass. I'll be waiting a while longer before I consider a new body. A couple of...
  5. camerabug

Ricoh predicts DSLRs will bounce back

Sales are going to be the driving force and where R&D will be positioned. Pentax is in a state a denial. If people switch entirely to mirrorless, I can't seem them transitioning back normally. The statement reminds me of a Kodak moment and we know where they went. I agree both have their...
  6. camerabug

First time lapse vidieo using EOS R (love it too!!)

Seriously great work with mega talent behind the lens.
  7. camerabug

A couple of EOS R cameras that can be considered “pro” are in the pipeline [CR1]

Sadly after 10 years with Canon I'm now exploring other options. I'm stalling because of a major investment with EF glass. If I do make a switch, I will miss Canon ergonomics. Their bodies fit my hand perfectly.
  8. camerabug

Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM coming May 9, 2019

I'd be very curious to know how many are selling their DSLR's and EF mount lenses for this new very expensive gear.
  9. camerabug

Canon Inc. releases Q1 2019 financial results

I'm smelling even sooner abandonment of Canon's DSLR line from this recent financial report/projection. They continue to suggest the supporting of the EF mount but that doesn't smell any better. I have a good number of Canon EF & DSLR's in my possession. This inevitably will decide on a new...
  10. camerabug

Patent: Canon RF 28mm f/1.8 & RF 50mm f/1.8

That's good to know. The RF glass I find very expensive and quite honestly, I find little incentive to even look at it with a large collection of EF L glass.
  11. camerabug

Patent: Lots of small, light and fast EF prime lenses

It's still a wait and see game on EF mounts & DSLR's. There hasn't been anything released to speak of since the 2 ML's have been released along with RF glass. There's talk about 1Dx Mark III but otherwise, all has been VERY quiet.
  12. camerabug

Umbrella frustration

A C-Stand will benefit you but an umbrella that large used outdoors will act like a full fledged parachute and be tempted to collapse or be destroyed by a fall. You might look into a brolly instead but honestly, anything over 35" outdoors even with a C-Stand will at the very least require an...
  13. camerabug

Canon thinks the camera market will drop by another 50% over the next two years

Or we could wait and see and bear with Canon's typical long product cycle. Not everyone wants to go mirrorless and pros with plenty of glass aren't abandoning the EF mount. As to disappointment, more aptly named as impatient.
  14. camerabug

Canon thinks the camera market will drop by another 50% over the next two years

What concerns me is the EF development basically grinding from a slowed rate to virtual domancy. Like many others here, I have plenty of money invested in EF lenses. I'm not about to start buying RF glass anytime soon and despite the claim of adapters working well on mirrorless with EF lenses, I...
  15. camerabug

Canon PowerShot SX70 HS officially announced

Looks like a confirmed no hot-shoe mount. Don't think this is wise because it negates buyers from even considering buying a speedlight from Canon. I infrequently use the SX50 with a 600EX-RT because the onboard flash just doesn't have enough flexibility. My $150.00 refurbished SX50 is looking...