Recent content by candyman

1. candyman

German laws - new European "General Data Protection Regulation" (GDPR, DSGVO)

Re: German laws - new German "Basic Data Protection Ordinance" (DSGVO) Hello Maximillian Thank you for informing the community here. This law apllies to all European countries as part of the European community. Maybe you change the title to European law The official European name for this...
  2. candyman

What is going on with Canon's prices in Europe?

Yes, if the 80D and 7D MK II were the only products with increased price, one could conclude it might be related to upcoming new versions of those products. However there are price increasements for other DSLRs and lenses. And most of them are direct or indirect connected to the cashback offerings.
  3. candyman

To be fair I looked into Cameranu and Cameratools only. They seem to keep their offers and prices the same. The type of cashback offer does not matter. For all the products that have a cashback label they increased the price. Other shops like Kamera Express or Cameraland did not increase...
  4. candyman

You might be right. But it is not so much the kind of cashback deal. It is more the fact that it HAS a cashbackdeal. For example the 6D II was €1949 without cashback - now it is €2029. I can guarantee you that when the cashback is finished, the 6D MK II will go down in price again. The 6D with...
  5. candyman

Dear Haggie, If you visit the Dutch webshops you will see that all those cameras are listed for a special cashback action of Canon. So, they increase the price first, offer cashback and netto you pay the same price as without cashback. This is going on for years. I dislike that and it seems...
  6. candyman

Canon EOS 6D Mark II Review | Dustin

Since July 28 I have shot a few (or more) photos with the 6D MK II In most aspects it is a good upgrade from the 6D (perviously owned). And though some reviewers claim that it is less interesting for 6D owners to upgrade....I disagree. Dustin already mentioned those aspects It is fair to say...
  7. candyman

Black & White

Thank you for your comment dpc, much appreciated. :)
  8. candyman

AFMA on the 6D2

My AFMA 100-400 II at 100 = 0 at 400 = 0 100-400 II with 1.4x III at 140 = 0 and at 560 = -8 70-200 f/2.8 II IS at 70 = +5 and at 200 = +4 24-105 II at 24 = +2 and at 105 = +1 100 f/2 = +2 But I keep in mind some remarks that has been made in another thread to check AFMA over time to make...
  9. candyman

AFMA on the 6D2

Congrats on the 6D2 Don. Honestly, to me it makes sense to group all the customizable Autofocus settings under C.Fn.II:Autofocus. It seems logic like group all the customizable settings for Exposure. I enjoy my 6D MK II. A pleasure to use and since I did AFMA my lenses the focus is spot on.
  10. candyman

5D mark v - when & what?

Well, I am not R&D of Canon. They may come up with more and/or add something new. But, by now you should know Canon.
  11. candyman

5D mark v - when & what?

My guess - and hope - is - vari-angle touch screen / like 6D2 - iso up to at least 40000 and be able to clean that of noise like 6D2 - center point -4EV - increasement of DR at 100 up to 400 - increasement megapixel up to 36mp - wider spread AF - at least 8 fps - lighter body - keep CF (I still...
  12. candyman

6D Mark II will not power up...

I am a CPS member and in CPS Europe you can add it. I added it some 3 weeks ago
  13. candyman

Black & White

I really like black & white Great photos here. Just lovely to see. One I did last week. It is of the Erasumusbridge in Rotterdam. Scene of famous Rotterdam marathon. Taken with the 6D MK II Erasmusbridge Rotterdam by Thornmill Images, on Flickr
  14. candyman

Setup Guide 6D Mark II

Thank you Grant. The setup guide is very helpful. It reads better than the Canon manual ;)
  15. candyman

Review: Canon EOS 6D Mark II by TDP

I agree about the wheel on the back. I also find the buttons on the back to be more plastic-like when pressing them. The remote socket in the front is a big plus. But why to point it to the left instead down? Pointing to the left makes it more complex for the use of a L-bracket. Looking forward...