Recent content by captainkanji

1. captainkanji

IBIS and 100mp coming to an EOS R camera? [CR2]

I hope it comes in at under $4,000. I’m eager to try out a high MP body for my trip.
  2. captainkanji

Skylum Software announces Luminar 3 with Libraries, coming December 18, preorder now

Do they have a mobile version? I just upgraded my tablet to the iPad Pro for Lightroom CC on the go. Liking it so far, but I recommend getting a wireless drive
  3. captainkanji

Canon EOS R body with more than 75mp on the horizon [CR2]

I’m definitely interested. I guess I’d better start saving. Gonna need a decent tripod.
  4. captainkanji

Full frame mirrorless market share: Canon already has 22% of the market in Japan

I want to thank Sony. Without them, we wouldn’t have this new mount. I think Canon may actually be taking this seriously.
  5. captainkanji

RF mount video products in the works, could see an RF Cinema EOS camera

That filter adapter is something that I really want. Hoping that Canon releases a high MP mirrorless before 2021.
  6. captainkanji

Aurora Aperture announces development of filters for the Canon EF-to-RF adapters

This is awesome. The filter adapter is definitely what put the halt on me switching to Sony (thank God). I've had a somewhat irrational hatred of Sony for decades. They used to put DRM in their computer disc drives and put spyware in their audio cds. Now that Canon is in the mirrorless...
  7. captainkanji

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R system

No IBIS isn’t a deal breaker for me. Would like to have it though. I’m interested in how the EVF is used for manual focus. It looked very cool in the video. The drop in filter attachment really has me sold on the idea.
  8. captainkanji

We were wrong, all of your Canon mirrorless dreams are likely coming true soon

I'm waiting for a high res version. If it has IBIS and a great EVF, I'm in. I have a couple of years before I really need to make a decision though. My empty bank account is patient.
  9. captainkanji

Two New Professional Lenses Coming Ahead of Photokina? [CR1]

Zeiss already has some classic primes on my wishlist. Just need a few more Christmas clubs. 3 years until my next Japan trip.
  10. captainkanji

Two New Lenses Coming From Canon Next Week [CR3]

They don’t come with leaf shutters! I’m done with Canon! *sarcasm. ;D
  11. captainkanji

More Full Frame Mirrorless Talk, Maybe Some Surprises? [CR1]

A mirrorless in a 5DIV body would be cool. You could put something like internal ND filters in between the lens and sensor with the saved space. Maybe that's crazy science fiction talk.
  12. captainkanji

Three Sensors Being Tested for Canon Full Frame Mirrorless? [CR1]

I wonder what features Canon will leave out of the FF mirrorless. It will probably be something like focus peaking since I’m interested in some Zeiss primes. I guess I’m just too pessimistic.
  13. captainkanji

Well, Here's Another Mirrorless Option for Your Canon Glass

Finally! A mirrorless option for my EF Glass ;D
  14. captainkanji

Sigma 105mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Series Lens to be Priced at €1,999?

A bit out of my price range. Maybe a rental will happen. I’ll stick with my 135 f/2.
  15. captainkanji

Nikon Confirms New Mirrorless System Coming in Early 2019, What About Canon?

I wouldnt mind replacing my 6D before my next Japan trip in 2021. I could see getting a mirrorless body if it used EF lenses natively. I may go the 5DS route though. I dont like tiny camera bodies.