Recent content by Chaitanya

1. Chaitanya

Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT $399 (Reg $579), is a new flagship Speedlite coming?

Generally for Li-Ion charge state can be measured from voltage of cells(thats how my torch(Nitecore Tm26) shows battery life). Other than voltage monitoring in the device(Li-ion cells come only with safety circuits while imr/ifr cells dont even have electronic safety and rely on devices to...
  2. Chaitanya

Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT $399 (Reg $579), is a new flagship Speedlite coming?

Canon could do what Nissin did with their flagship speedlight, add compatibility for 14500 sized Li-Ion batteries. Those batteries are available for cheap and being same sized as AA alkalines user can use either of those 2 battery types based on situation.
  3. Chaitanya

Major Canon announcements in February and May of this year [CR2]

Along with new bodies(hopefully a mirrorless 5D and 7D) I am waiting for macro lenses for RF mount to arrive(most probably will be 100mm to start off) with 180mm macro being on top of list.
  4. Chaitanya

Thats quite surprising, still waiting for refresh of 320ex.
  5. Chaitanya

Canon shows off new concept cameras at CES 2020

Where I live in India other than overcast monsoon days there is always sufficient light for super tele lenses. For casual family outings this little camera is perfect as carrying entire camera is not worth the effort. It is really good to see Canon working on these concepts.
  6. Chaitanya

JPEG vs HEIF feat Canon 1Dx Mark III

7. Chaitanya

Canon shows off new concept cameras at CES 2020

I am interested in buying that 100-400mm compact as its perfect for casual birding/wildlife outings.
  8. Chaitanya

Two new EOS R bodies coming in the first half of 2020 [CR3]

I will be waiting for either Aps-c sensor sized camera with RF mount or mirrorless equivalent of 5D series.
  9. Chaitanya

Canon RF 70-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM to be announced this year [CR3]

Hope the lens has similar or better close focus capability of EF 100-400mm mk II lens.
  10. Chaitanya

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III

That frame buffer is insane, eagerly waiting for RF mount based replacement to 7D series using similar tech to this camera.
  11. Chaitanya

Here are the buttons illuminating on the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III

True, Olympus had backlit buttons on their entry level DSLR E-620 nearly a decade back. Even I end up using a headlamp(since I dont shoot landscapes/Astro I can get away with normal white led to setup camera for camera trap) while working in dark.
  12. Chaitanya

What is your favorite new feature of the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III

Where is adoption of CFx and HEIF?
  13. Chaitanya

Patent: IBIS appears in EOS M and PowerShot cameras

Exciting times ahead.
  14. Chaitanya

Consumer RF mount zoom lenses coming in the first half of 2020 [CR2]

A 70-300 f4 zoom(similar to Sigma lens) and an ultrawide zoom similar to Ef-s 10-18mm IS would be really useful.
  15. Chaitanya

OpticalLimits Reviews the Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS Macro STM

If you are talking about RF 70-200mm then in case of that lens which uses two separate motors for AF firmware can help in better synchronization of those two motors so they will focus correctly.