Recent content by chik0240

1. C

Canon Third Quarter 2019 Financials

No surprise to me though, as someone who eagerly upgrade non L lens to L, from a 40D to 5D mk 3 and saw huge improvement in usable max aperture and ISO, that was what the multi grand budget brings for satisfaction, but since then nothing have improved in the way that tempts me from spending...
  2. C

A bit more about the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III [CR2]

ok, I am tempted as a DSLR lover, and this might very well be the last flagship DSLR ever made so a part of collector item But (sneaking at my wife) I likely never can afford that:censored:
  3. C

Initial testing shows Canon’s new 32.5mp APS-C sensor improves dynamic range over predecessor

actually the DR is more than enough for most cameras in past 10-15 years to take even nightscape use, what borders is the banding when pushing shadow area, where it can be very disturbing for astrophotography use, and it seems in this gen canon sensor it's mostly solved.
  4. C

Sigma Announces Pricing & Availability for Sigma Mount Converter MC-21

Interesting adapter, from the MC11 seems generally ppl single focus acceptably with canon own EF lens, if it single focus ok with native canon lens I would love to give a try for the who know when it's coming foveon X3 camera alongside my old 5D3 for landscape.
  5. C

RF series microlenses....

I actually have similar question, back in the days 4/3 system claims they decide with the form factor because they can make light hit the sensor at right angle, so the shorter flange distance for mirrorless in theory would degrade the peripheral IQ. Micro lens modification might help improve...
  6. C

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III field testing has begun [CR2]

I think able to look through the ovf when it’s off is a big advantage, beside battery life it’s also advantage that a dslr when switched to on without pressing button is basically not consuming power, but a mirrorless will always need to be turned off when not expected to be used in some time to...
  7. C

Interview: Canon execs talk EOS RP with Imaging Resource

I am just thinking about heat noise/ hotpixels, as using mirrorless always makes the camera hot or at least warm at extended use, I am thinking though no my significant it will result in more noise. But frankly speaking the new RF lens potential is attractive, it becomes a hard choice between...
  8. C

Interview: Canon execs talk EOS RP with Imaging Resource

Tried the R at some local camera store, the evf still feels disconnected to the reality maybe due to the artificial lighting that I see flickering with evf. And for low light performance I always believe with same sensor tech a dslr will always be better, as you don’t get the heat noise build...
  9. C

Canon to announce at least 6 new RF lenses next week

That looks like a promising release but this might actually cure my gear acquisition syndrome, looking back at my completed gear set centered around an 5D mk iii it just don’t feel as tempting to sell it at a loss and the Re acquire the whole set in RF, recent trip to japan for some Sakura...
  10. C

Patent: Canon Back Side Illuminated (BSI) DPAF image sensor

I just hope they can get me a 5D mk V with a sensor of better shadow noise which I once a while would prefer and that’s all I would want
  11. C

The Canon EOS M50 and Canon EOS R continued to sell well in December

it's easy to understand, as a gear geek myself haven't look or intend to upgrade my FF ever since I own my 5D mk III, the ISO, dynamic range and focus speed is already above what I need, and the FF view angle the same, as for lenses, I've owned my 70-200 F4L IS for 10 years and see no need to...
  12. C

Patent: Canon RF 90mm f/2.8L IS Macro & RF 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro

A bit off topic but I don’t get it why am actual 86mm lens will be named 90mm instead of 85?
  13. C

Canon engineers talk EOS R and the future of the system

To me personally except I hate evfs the R is actually good enough camera I will ever want or really need, that said since I got my 5D mk iii when it first release I never feel like to upgrade! But I don’t know is my eyes exceptionally good or what, in EVFs I always see it flickers especially in...
  14. C

Here is the official Canon EOS R system white paper

Exactly, it goes very slow at -29 C for three hours, and at that moment only the mirror slippers still works and the A7 in the team is basically unworkable
  15. C

Here is the official Canon EOS R system white paper

The new lens does looked impressive, but tbh personally the optical viewfinder can’t be replaced in some cases by full electronic ones, (in the field with very cold environment shooting northern lights, I had experience that after 3 hours the LCD of all cameras in the team got frozen and lags...