Recent content by chrysoberyl

1. chrysoberyl

Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L DS USM, RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM and other accessories will be announced soon

Or just humidity which may condense later. And dust - that was a problem for the 'sealed' Milvus 100. This lens is not for me.
  2. chrysoberyl

R Exposure Compensation

Thank you very much! It appears to be not much of an issue, then. I would like to hang my 400 DO on my 5DIV and have a R for my other lenses. The polarizer/adaptor is an especially attractive accessory.
  3. chrysoberyl

R Exposure Compensation

I am considering buying a R for close-ups, macro, landscape and astro. I see the exposure compensation is +/- 3 EV while for the 5DIV it is +/- 5 EV. Why?
  4. chrysoberyl

Venus-Laowa 100mm Macro review by Lenstip.

OpticalLimits reviewed it, too. I am intrigued.
  5. chrysoberyl

Samyang to announce XP 35mm f/1.2 soon

Yes, I really like how this lens focuses! The blossom is a wildflower; Grass of Parnassus along the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. The blossom is one inch across.
  6. chrysoberyl

Sigma 70mm f/2.8 DG Macro Art Preorders Start On May 11

Sundew near the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina.
  7. chrysoberyl

Canon EOS 90D promotional video appears to have leaked

Thank you; an excellent way of explaining it.
  8. chrysoberyl

Discontinued Sigma Lenses

180 Art, RF mount would get me to buy a R or RP. Unless it has the fiddly focus-by-wire that the 70mm Art has.
  9. chrysoberyl

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

To all who have made this thread educational (especially regarding DLA's), thank you very much. To the whiners and trolls, can't you find anything constructive to do?
  10. chrysoberyl

Thanks for the feedback! I expected my 80D to equal my 5DIV in resolution and it definitely does not for moon shots, macro, etc. I conclude my expectations are just out of line. The thing about crop glass working better has me a little mystified; it is my understanding that using FF glass on...
  11. chrysoberyl

I've read enough of your posts to respect your opinion, but: 1. I do not like the 5DIV above f/11; the loss of resolution is excessive. In fact, at some point I'll pull out my 6D to compare, f/11-f/16. 2. The 80D resolution is distinctly inferior for macro, with the same lens (Sigma 70mm Art)...
  12. chrysoberyl

Neither body interests me. I can only imagine what the DLA is – the 80D DLA is f/6.0, so the DLA for these bodies will be what? f/4.5? Much too low for my macro needs. The other problem is resolution. I have compared the resolution of my 5DIV to my 80D numerous times and the 80D is always...
  13. chrysoberyl

Third party prime for night sky photography/Auroras

I like the Samyang 14mm 2.4 for astro. It does have some spherical aberration/focus shift, but wide open for astro, that is not a problem.
  14. chrysoberyl

Sigma 70 Art

This shot taken with a 36mm ET.
  15. chrysoberyl

Canon RF 35mm f/1.2L USM coming in 2020 [CR1]

RF 24mm f/1.2L USM ?! I would enjoy this for astro, if the coma, etc. are very good. Unfortunately, coma control has not been a priority for Canon. But if it is, this might get me into the R system.