Recent content by ColinJR

1. ColinJR

Rumoured Canon EOS Rs Specifications [CR1]

Canon should be focusing on a 1D/7D sports-oriented mirrorless like the Sony A9 in addition to the rest of the line, but this is not that camera.
  2. ColinJR

The RRS L bracket for the R is not super well designed... Really wish it was a 2-piece design. They did it for the RP, why not the R??? (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
  3. ColinJR

You're like, the only one who cares about this... lol. Lots of reasons to add a joystick! Avoiding nose input, moving AF point with gloves on, shooting with the screen facing in...
  4. ColinJR

Yes, gloves, but the biggest issue for me is nose input. A joystick (or trackpad off to the side) would allow me to have the camera disable the touch screen when my eye is up to the EVF and avoid the accidental AF point movement from my nose. Also, every now and then I would like to have the...
  5. ColinJR

One can hope it competes with the Sony A7R IV... I believe the 5DSR was more expensive when it came out.
  6. ColinJR

This does not sound like a camera you need... But seriously, I do hope they have some internal scaling modes (for raw files of course) for occasions where the extra resolution hurts more than helps.
  7. ColinJR

the bigger the better! I have some tilt shifts that would be fine with a slightly larger sensor! And 16 bit? Sign me up! I would probably take better color over a slightly larger sensor though.
  8. ColinJR

I’ve grown to like the Canon flip out screen. Would rather have that then a screen just tilts but didn’t allow for odd-angle portrait shooting. Though I’m sure I could live with the Fuji style screens.
  9. ColinJR

This is pretty much exactly what I want. Fingers crossed that the sensor can keep up with Sony's A7R IV. This is by far my biggest concern. I had that camera briefly before returning to the R, and although the image quality was incredible I really didn't care for the handling. The R ain't...
  10. ColinJR

More information on the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III [CR2]

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea, (just like I love the idea of the trackpad on the Apple TV remote) but it's all in the execution.
  11. ColinJR

BS. Do you use the R? Or just watch videos of people who do? I've had one since the day it was released. The touch bar is crap. Even disabled, it's crap because it takes up prime real estate on the camera. Also, annoying because it displays a UI when you rest your thumb on it, again, even while...
  12. ColinJR

I'm hopeful, but somewhat skeptical of an AF trackpad, given how bad the M-fn bar on the EOS R is... Would love to see something better than a joystick. I like using the touch-screen on my R to move the AF point, but hate how easy it is to accidentally move it with my nose (or, how you can't...
  13. ColinJR

Patent: Canon RF 50mm f/1.8

Nice. I would love a small & light fifty for my R. Fingers crossed it has good IQ and better a build than the EF version. I'm using the 1.4 now and even on the adapter it's fine, size wise, but just doesn't produce very good results, IMHO. Colors are drab compared to my L lenses.
  14. ColinJR

SIGMA again announces EF-M lenses, and mount conversion service

One of the major reasons I bought a Fuji camera (to accompany my canon) was because I got fed up with canon‘s lack of interest in making really good lenses for APS-C. Maybe these sigma lenses will inspire canon to step up and bring some L glass to the crop line. It would make much more sense for...
  15. ColinJR

Why has Canon omitted 24p 4K recording in their new cameras such as the EOS M6 Mark II, EOS 90D and EOS RP?

Ahh yes, those cinematic masterpieces... Shall we list all the films that are shot in 24? Here we go... 1. Everything that is not the sh**y Hobbit movies, including Lord of the Rings.