Recent content by ColinJR

1. C

Just the MTF Charts: 70-200mm f/4 Zoom Lenses

I don't think it's emphasized enough how much lighter the f/4 is compared to the f/2.8... That's why I chose it! (that and, uh, less money).
  2. C

Fujifilm thinks the Canon EF-M mount is the best in the business for ease of lens design

I’m being facetious... I do find it kind of funny that the EF-M mount is larger than Sony’s full frame e-mount—but yes, that’s not to say their lenses are less good, or easier/harder to design.
  3. C

Fujifilm thinks the Canon EF-M mount is the best in the business for ease of lens design

What I see here is that a full-frame canon using the EF-M mount would still outperform Sony... :LOL:
  4. C

Rest well Canon EOS 7D series [CR2]

It makes more sense to me that a successor to the 7D MkII would be a RF-mount camera than a M-mount, even if it sported an APS-C sensor. 7D's have been pro cameras with pro bodies, and are often a secondary camera to someone with a 5D, so sharing lenses would be key. If the next 7D uses a...
  5. C

A couple of EOS R cameras that can be considered “pro” are in the pipeline [CR1]

What if a 7D R (full frame) body really embraced using crop modes? Or, maybe Canon will release a 1.6x teleconverter adapter along side a mirrorless 7D? Given the embrace of a variety of cool adapters when the R was released, I wouldn't be surprised...
  6. C

Big Canon EOS R price drop, save up to $500 and still get the EF-RF adapter for free

Again, sales do not necessarily equate to good products, they only reflect popularity, brand loyalty, etc... I'm sticking with my R... because of the reasons stated above, but that doesn't mean I don't constantly wish it were better and more competitive with other brands. If Fujifilm had a...
  7. C

The 2020 RF lens roadmap, up to 8 new lenses coming in 2020

I think the mechanics of tilt-shift lenses are the far bigger obstacle with regards to autofocus than the focusing system of the camera. But, I am not an engineer so what do I know... I don't mean to be hard on you, I just value the image quality potential of RF far more than features like AF...
  8. C

Again, not things that are exclusive to the RF mount. Am I not understanding you?
  9. C

Big Canon EOS R price drop, save up to $500 and still get the EF-RF adapter for free

All that being said, how well does the ND filter-adapter perform with stills compared to dedicated ND's? All the reviews I've seen are video focused... I would use it for video, but want it for the same reasons you mentioned... long exposures using wide lenses with incompatible front elements...
  10. C

The only facts you're choosing to espouse are regarding Canon's sales (which was recently announced to have made a severe drop). Many reviews have made it clear that Canon is behind in several areas that folks care about right now: sensor dynamic range, IBIS, eye-tracking, etc... So yeah, you...
  11. C

I don't think the RF mount makes that any more possible than EF... I think I wonder if they can make the image circle that much larger, thus offering more shifting ability. Or, maybe the new mount will make it easier to have better, sharper images when fully shifted? ‍♂️
  12. C

I have a question for Mr. Facts and Evidence guy—why do you keep using Canon's financial success as an argument for why they shouldn't innovate? Are you a stock holder or something? GMAFB. It's OK to like Canon AND admit they aren't keeping pace to Sony. No need to get all high and mighty about...
  13. C

Exactly. I also recognize that tilt-shifts are still extremely niche. It says something that neither Fujifilm nor Sony have any tilt-shifts in their line, and Nikon barely bothers to try and compete with Canon.
  14. C

I say this as someone who has stuck with Canon primarily because of their tilt-shifts—I don't think they need to focus on tilt-shifts for RF, but I'd be damn curious to know what kind of improvements they might be able to bring to TS-E lenses designed for the RF mount. As is, tilt-shifts work...
  15. C

It looks like firmware v1.2.0 for the Canon EOS R will be released on April 18, 2019

These are not radical features like “apps on my camera!” I am suggesting here. It’s definitely possible to have both neat features and reliability, after all, MANY OF THESE FEATURES ARE ALREADY IN OTHER CANON MODELS.