Recent content by Colorado

1. C

Here’s a vague Canon roadmap for 2019 [CR1]

The difference between 1.5x and 10x is made up by the Sony cool factor. It's an important part of internet opinions everywhere. :-P
  2. C

Canon appears to have confirmed IBIS is on the roadmap

Why did Canon ever bother making all those digital Rebel cameras? They never held a candle to the 1 or 5 series camera in terms of specs. No professional photographer ever evaluated Canon's line up and said "Yup, all Rebels, all the time, for all my jobs." Notice how the press release for the RP...
  3. C

Canon appears to have confirmed IBIS is on the roadmap

Based on 99% of the reactions on the internet and social media to current releases people are going to moan, complain, and meme no matter what Canon releases or doesn't release in the future. Well actually the sky will be falling based on the rumors of what is going to be released and then no...
  4. C

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

I've avoided this thread but it isn't people getting defensive. It is nothing new is being said. Canon has a history of being very conservative with upgrades and along with that reusing tweaked existing sensors. But reading a comment thread in a Canon rumors site with 1000's of comments that...
  5. C

The next round of announcements from Canon will happen next week

You forgot the ability to take stills (even if it is a camcorder--all devices need to do both stills and videos) at 12+ fps with full auto focus. It also must take EF, R, EF-S, EF-M lens with no adapters. For max $1500.
  6. C

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R system

I'm not arguing your point about Canon but I don't think Apple is a good counter example. Apple is a closed ecosystem, even more so than Canon. There are many features not in a iPhone that are in competitors--for example a head phone jack and removable SD card. They don't include those features...
  7. C

Err, in case the winking smiley didn't make it clear, I was trying to point out that expecting Canon to sell a camera with a sensor from a $3100 camera in a $1600 camera is not realistic. Prices on sensors come down but not that much that quickly.
  8. C

I also would like to be able to buy a camera with the 5D4 sensor for $1600. Additionally, I'd like be able to buy a mirrorless camera with the 5DS sensor for the same price. ;)
  9. C

The 5D4 is $3500 MSRP and you can get it for $3100. The R is $2300 and you can get it for $???? soon. The R gives you the 5D4 sensor (with maybe some processing improvements) for $1000 to 1200 less. I'm honestly shocked Canon is making a FF sensor of that quality available at that price. That...
  10. C

Here are the full Canon EOS R specifications

The problem with all the teeth gnashing and statements of doom and gloom isn't a conclusion like yours. Not every product is going to appeal to every potential customer. Not every product is going to be so good or so bad as to pull people from other brands or push existing customers them away...
  11. C

Deals: EF 24-70 f/2.8L II $1699 at Amazon & B&H Photo and More

Re: Deals: EF 24-70 f/2.8L II $1699 at Amazon and More The 24-70 was just updated last year (2012) right? I would think it is at the back of the queue of lenses to be updated.