Recent content by crashpc

1. C

Is a brand new 32.5mp APS-C sensor from Canon on the way? [CR1]

mb66energy: Diffraction limitation as we perceive it, is rather the function or ratio between entrance pupil, pixel size and display size. If you dowsize diffraction limited image enough, then it is not diffraction limited. :-) It´s very hard to discuss such thing with so many variables and...
  2. C

Alan F: I think that they might have some issues with doing so small CFA. So they use CFA for quadruple of pixels. But these pixels are still accessible as separate pixels. So with some additional color error, you still get more resolution from it. And once aperture is between f/1.8-f/2 on this...
  3. C

Alan F: Then it depends what phone camera are we looking at. I´m looking at newer Sony IMX586, which is usually coupled with f/2 lens (28mm eq), and my math tells me it is f/11 equivalent for FF lens. That is getting into this diffraction limited territory with 48Mpx.
  4. C

FairlyKors: Exactly. The diffraction limit needs more specification to it, to discuss it properly. Yes, diffraction starts to creep in with higher apertures. That can be taken as diffraction limitation. but at f/8, if you put 100Mpx sensor behind it, you still would get more resolved. That way...
  5. C

FairlyKors: There always been a limit. Rewiewers told us 3Mpx is optimum, 8Mpx optimum, 12 too much, then optimum, then 16-18, now 24 is optimum. It is obvious, that it is not objective optimum. It was optimum for the time and technology.... I would like to have 100Mpx cameras, no problem. You...
  6. C

Mikehit: Sure! That wasn´t the point though. There was a claim with this meaning: "You are better off putting on the TC, instead of more pixels". No. More pixels are better, and more pixels with good TC are even better. But we already have teleconverters. We do not have pixels available to us...
  7. C

AlanF: Sony IMX 586, 1/2", f/2, 48Mpx. That makes it 1100Mpx for FF sensor area. That is pretty close to that point. I am not exactly going to argue the precise position of that point. It laso depends on what do you mean by the limit. I was arguing FOR more resolution, as dedicated cameras are...
  8. C

Diffraction? Don´t give me that BS. Look at what sensors are mounted in mobile phones. Obviously, these are diffraction limited, but that means that 32Mpx APS-C sensor is nowhere near being diffraction limited. I compared my EOS M and EOS M6, and the difference was significant (small resolution...
  9. C

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

It rather seems obvious to me, with slew of new RF lenses. Or... I believe we will se "last bastion" of Canon DSLRs. 7D III is believable. Also 90D and some kind of 1D. and that´s the end of the road I´d guess.
  10. C

Canon to use a Sony image sensor in an upcoming APS-C ILC body? [CR1]

I would not trust this one. If that was dedicated high-res 48Mpx sensor, then I might raise one of my eyebrows.
  11. C

Two Canon EOS R series bodies coming in 2019 [CR2]

Will that be last round for DSLRs? I would think so. Or at least for some lines... EOS R with 6DII sensor? Well, more Sony gear "flowing" into my camera stash...
  12. C

Canon PowerShot SX70 HS Images and Specifications

AlanF I know that you´re partially right, as With my powershot G15, I found that with f/4.5 or smaller, the detail was crippled. But not enough so the zoom could not bring more detail. There must be some math behind the zoom vs diffraction function saying that the zoom gains more than what...
  13. C

There are innovative and new things every day. Yet it is most probably covered by the market research...
  14. C

Possibly. But nobody ever tried. If the quality was there, and one could use it instead of a telephoto lens of the same price ($1000 range), it could be interesting.
  15. C

Dedicated reach camera. 250-1500mm, or so. 6x zoom, or so with 1/1,7" sensor, shouldn't be an issue regarding size.