Recent content by crashpc

1. C

Canon to use a Sony image sensor in an upcoming APS-C ILC body? [CR1]

I would not trust this one. If that was dedicated high-res 48Mpx sensor, then I might raise one of my eyebrows.
  2. C

Two Canon EOS R series bodies coming in 2019 [CR2]

Will that be last round for DSLRs? I would think so. Or at least for some lines... EOS R with 6DII sensor? Well, more Sony gear "flowing" into my camera stash...
  3. C

Canon PowerShot SX70 HS Images and Specifications

AlanF I know that you´re partially right, as With my powershot G15, I found that with f/4.5 or smaller, the detail was crippled. But not enough so the zoom could not bring more detail. There must be some math behind the zoom vs diffraction function saying that the zoom gains more than what...
  4. C

There are innovative and new things every day. Yet it is most probably covered by the market research...
  5. C

Possibly. But nobody ever tried. If the quality was there, and one could use it instead of a telephoto lens of the same price ($1000 range), it could be interesting.
  6. C

Dedicated reach camera. 250-1500mm, or so. 6x zoom, or so with 1/1,7" sensor, shouldn't be an issue regarding size.
  7. C

Preorder: You can now preorder the Canon EOS R system and other new Canon gear

In Europe, cheapest A7R II is for like $1600 and new for $1700. So I will certainly go for new if Sony ecosystem turns to be usable for me. Not a problem. I´m planning the jump If I´m happy with the pancake 35mm setup.
  8. C

It’s finally happening, the PowerShot SX70 HS is next to be announced

Yes, that´s the compromise. You can´t have all aspects right - image quality, reach, size and weight and price. Pick two...
  9. C

It’s finally happening, the PowerShot SX70 HS is next to be announced

I wonder if they could optimize for real reach photography. Like doing only 250-1750mm - 7x zoom, 1/1,7" sensor and really good optics...
  10. C

That is very broad question, taking into account many life situations. My current M6 paired with 22mm f/2 is my EDC and daily driver. Sony A7R setup is not that much bigger. With Canon, There would be NO IMAGES in the comparison, as it is either out of price (rather value) reach, and also I...
  11. C

Didn´t understand to the question... 36Mpx FF for less than $1000. That´s what I meant. Well, it might be +50, but for what sacrifice, what price, what size and weight, what available lenses, what video, what Canon bragging righs, what DR of the sensor, what, what what... :-)
  12. C

Awww. That is cute. Anyway, I bought A7R to find out. Maybe it turns to be a bad ecosystem, and I´ll scratch my head some more. But for now? Weeeeeeeee 36Mpx FF for less than $1000. According to last leaks, Canon is not going to touch it even in 2019. So that makes it quite safe bet that I...
  13. C

Seems you do care enough. :-)
  14. C

fullstop: No, try yourself - to slap properly scaled R mount onto the M6. It really does not fit. I had to upscale the camera, as you can see in previous image. And no photoshop involved. It was MSpaint and pixel work. :-D Had too much time on hand today. Too bad Canon is not like that. Sony is...