Recent content by danfaz

1. D

The Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM: The developers answer 10 questions

I have no doubt this lens will be awesome, if the RF 50 is any indication.
  2. D

Patent: Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L and other fast primes

135...me wants!
  3. D

Canon officially announces the RF 85mm f/1.2L USM

I refer you to this excellent post earlier in the thread. Who did they make the EF 85 1.2 II for back in 2006, considering it was the same relative cost then?
  4. D

Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM coming May 9, 2019

Yep, I've picked up some very nice L glass lately for some pretty low prices!
  5. D

The 2020 RF lens roadmap, up to 8 new lenses coming in 2020

Not a good analogy. The RF lens is significantly better than the EF II.
  6. D

Current unreleased Canon gear from certification agencies

Me, too. At minimum I hope it has a fully articulating flippy screen (biggest need).
  7. D

Canon EOS R firmware version 1.2.0 announced

RP already has this.
  8. D

The manual for the Canon EOS RP is now available for your reading pleasure

I imagine you are of the minority that says the manual says too much, and esp. that the camera does too much. Not a dig by any means, just completely opposite of the masses that say this camera doesn't do enough.
  9. D

Updated list of unreleased Canon gear

Guys, no. The RF mount lenses, just like EF mount lenses, have non-L and L designations: RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM RF 28-70mm F2 L USM RF 50mm F1.2 L USM RF 35mm F1.8 Macro IS STM
  10. D

Tamron to Announce 70-210mm f/4 Di VC USD

Possibly equal 200mm compared to Canon? My experience with Tamron zooms is they fall short of the same focal length as the equivalent Canon zoom.
  11. D

Which Canon 85mm Lens is for You?

I've owned all three, and the new 1.4 is my favorite. Not quite the same bokeh as the 1.2, but you still get 3D effect, and its speed, IS, and weather-sealing is just no contest. Way more versatile.
  12. D

Another Canon EF 135mm f/2L IS USM Mention [CR2]

Thanks for getting us back on track! Aside from IS, I am looking forward to weather-sealing. While not a huge factor, I have been caught in sudden rain showers that made me pack up. The 135mm is ideal for outdoors, but lack of any weather-sealing is a weakness.
  13. D

Review: Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III by Photography Blog

Odd. G7X smaller, too.