Recent content by danfaz

1. D

Current unreleased Canon gear from certification agencies

Me, too. At minimum I hope it has a fully articulating flippy screen (biggest need).
  2. D

Canon EOS R firmware version 1.2.0 announced

RP already has this.
  3. D

The manual for the Canon EOS RP is now available for your reading pleasure

I imagine you are of the minority that says the manual says too much, and esp. that the camera does too much. Not a dig by any means, just completely opposite of the masses that say this camera doesn't do enough.
  4. D

Updated list of unreleased Canon gear

Guys, no. The RF mount lenses, just like EF mount lenses, have non-L and L designations: RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM RF 28-70mm F2 L USM RF 50mm F1.2 L USM RF 35mm F1.8 Macro IS STM
  5. D

Tamron to Announce 70-210mm f/4 Di VC USD

Possibly equal 200mm compared to Canon? My experience with Tamron zooms is they fall short of the same focal length as the equivalent Canon zoom.
  6. D

Which Canon 85mm Lens is for You?

I've owned all three, and the new 1.4 is my favorite. Not quite the same bokeh as the 1.2, but you still get 3D effect, and its speed, IS, and weather-sealing is just no contest. Way more versatile.
  7. D

Another Canon EF 135mm f/2L IS USM Mention [CR2]

Thanks for getting us back on track! Aside from IS, I am looking forward to weather-sealing. While not a huge factor, I have been caught in sudden rain showers that made me pack up. The 135mm is ideal for outdoors, but lack of any weather-sealing is a weakness.
  8. D

Review: Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III by Photography Blog

Odd. G7X smaller, too.
  9. D

The Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM Has Started Shipping in North America

Yep, under the hood, the 35L II is almost bomb-proof. Makes me wonder about the new 3rd party lenses that are now constructed with metal exteriors. I have the Tamron G2 24-70 and 70-200. Wonder if they are more fluff on the inside?
  10. D

Um, my photos posted earlier clearly show a significant amount of vignette at 1.4 through 2.0 (not horrible looking, but it's there). At 2.8 it is almost gone. Am I missing something here?
  11. D

Nice one! Great sharpness on eyes, and then the smooth transition into the out of focus areas.
  12. D

Indeed it is very pronounced at f/1.4. It almost clears up by f/2.8. I added three pics to my gallery, showing f/1.4, f/2 and f/2.8 on a wall.
  13. D

Canon EF 135mm f/2L IS USM Coming First Half of 2018 [CR1]

Yup! Weather-sealing would be a welcomed addition, too.