Recent content by Danglin52

1. D

Images and specifications for the upcoming RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS & DM-E100

I actually sold my EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS II and replaced it with the 70-200 f4 L IS II. I am getting a little older and have been on a mission to cut some weight out of my wildlife kit. I am not ready to move to R until the R II or high mpx body is available, but I will give this lens a look...
  2. D

Images and specifications for the upcoming RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS & DM-E100

I think with modern lenses, dust is a non issue with lenses that extend. I have used my 100-400 II since it was released and have never had an issue with dust infiltrating the barrel. That includes many trips to wild areas and two 18 day trips to Africa. Maybe I am just lucky.
  3. D

Rumored Canon EOS M6 Mark II specifications [CR1]

I took a loaner R to the US Open Tennis event in NY. There is a lot I like about the camera, but it can't replace my action camera at this time and I think it is still be behind the 5dIV in AF. The firmware update may change things, but it definitely has a problem in burst mode. I am usually...
  4. D

Patent: Canon RF 70-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM and more

For a wildlife photographer, the 70-400 combines with the mid rang zoom to deliver two lenses that covers our 28-400 needs. Is the 70-300 an alternative that hints a 300-500 or 600 is on the roadmap? Canon has been delivering some slightly different ranges in RF mount. Just day dreaming.
  5. D

The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is coming in 2020

Just out of curiosity, what version of the 600 f4 and what adaptor? Any issues with AF lag, etc. BTW - Great image. Why are you even worrying about a 1dx III if you are getting those kind of images with an adapted lens?
  6. D

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

So we have transitioned from a "roadmap" to a "cadence" because you can't support your position. You are so full of it! The "cadence" occurs until Apple and Sony decide it is not going to occur. A roadmap typically lays out a defined path for product evolution with at least some high level...
  7. D

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

I was around tech most of my career and I can tell you companies seldom release road maps. Apple is much larger than Canon - can you please send me the copy of their roadmap? Not speculation, industry expectations, rumors, etc. A true, company published roadmap for their core product lines...
  8. D

GPS is a battery drain on DSLR and it would make the already poor shot count on mirrorless worse.
  9. D

I agree when you look at options with M, EF, EF-S from Canon & Sigma. The EF 70-200 f4 L IS II is actually pretty nice on the current M5. Great images and surprisingly good balance. I would shoot handheld and not use the tripod collar to reduce weight. I have had zero issues with adapted...
  10. D

I think you should have added ‘waiting for the M5 II
  11. D

Canon EOS M6 Mark II full specifications

As others have pointed out, this "spec sheet" is full of errors and there is a lot of angst over details that may change by next week. I wouldn't assume anything until you see an official announcement WITH spec sheet from Canon. I will not be purchasing the M6 II because I do not use a rear...
  12. D

An APS-C sensor equipped EOS R camera mentioned again [CR1]

I am not sure how many M lenses have been sold or how many customers would make the migration to an RF mount. Canon might have a hard time justifying the R&d / manufacturing / support cost of adapting M lenses to the R depending on how many were sold and if it would make a difference in overall...
  13. D

Canon EOS 90D and Canon EOS M6 Mark II announcements coming at the end of August

It will be interesting to see what Canon delivers in this round and the next R series. I have stayed with Canon because of reliability, incredible lenses, and support (CPS). Basically, the entire eco-system rather than just one component. I do believe that Canon has fallen behind the times...
  14. D

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

VERY nice shots and great example of cropping when you have enough MPX. I love the water drops coming off the beak in the last shot. I know a pro photographer that uses a 5dS R because of the ability to crop when he does't have quite enough lens on a trip.