Recent content by Danglin52

1. D

Here’s a list of rumoured and predicted cameras coming from Canon in the next year

My background is technology and I typically review my technologies once a year to determine if they are doing the job or if it is time to upgrade. As many of you on this forum, I went through the transition from film to digital buying into each new generation of camera - 10d, 20d, 30d, 1ds all...
  2. D

Here’s a list of rumoured and predicted cameras coming from Canon in the next year

I love my 1dx II but not sure I will upgrade unless the 1dx iii has significantly better AF & high ISO performance. I don’t need more mpx or faster frame rate. I would like to see what they do with the mirrorless version. It would also be nice if the 90d had enough 7dII DNA to make it...
  3. D

At least you added the smiley face emoji on the M5 comment! Seriously, I don’t disagree about the lack of commitment. You can see from my gear list I am usually more interested in the mainstream gear. I actually like using the M5 for trips where I want DSLR capabilities but don’t want to lug...
  4. D

They listed the 90d but didn’t mention an M5 II. Is that an oversight or do they not expect an upgrade based on current information?
  5. D

Canon increased its global market share of still cameras in 2018

The bottom line is that it is hard to dispute a leader when they hold twice the market share of their next two competitors and each of those competitors has only half of the leaders share. I have a lot of Canon gear, but I have been disappointed in their bodies since the 1dx II. I would...
  6. D

A Canon RF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM is on the way [CR2]

Believe me, I understand and I have seriously considered selling the 200 - 400 for another long lens solution. I have tried the 400 DO II, 500 II, 600 II and everyone below but I love the versatility and quality of the 200-400. I use my 100-400 a lot, but it can't match my 200-400 especially...
  7. D

I wouldn’t recommend that approach. I get better results both IQ and AF with the 2x (no internal 1.4x engaged) than the internal 1.4x + external 1.4X TC III. You may find different result if you experiment with the lens, but this is pretty consistent from testing and use. I have even tired...
  8. D

The versatility is worth the additional weight in some situations. This is a great safari lens. Pop on a 2x TC III and you have a 400-800 zoom @f8 with decent IQ.
  9. D

Canon working on another f/2 zoom lens for the RF mount [CR1]

Unrelated to this f2 rumor, but I wonder if the RF mount would make a f4 100-400 in the current form factor possible. I would think they could at least hold the f4.5 longer before dropping to f5.6. I have both the 100-400 II and the 200-400. It is a huge increase in size/weight to go from the...
  10. D

Canon’s EOS-1D X Mark II equivalent mirrorless is coming sooner than originally thought [CR1]

You will also need the 100-400 in addition to the trinity. As a wildlife shooter,, that makes my trinity more than the 16-35. The other big issue for most pros will be battery life and endurance in harsh environments.
  11. D

Is a brand new 32.5mp APS-C sensor from Canon on the way? [CR1]

I think the numbers shooting ISO 1600 or more might surprise you. Pretty much anyone shooting sports or wildlife will be pushing in the ISO 1600 range or greater.
  12. D

As I said, it is a dream. I am getting older and would like to scale back on the heavy gear (1dx II + 200-400, etc.), but I just can't give up the high ISO capability of my 1dx II and the image quality produced by the big whites. I would much prefer that Canon use new tech to improve higher...
  13. D

I didn't see my 7dII as being soft, but the image degraded as you hit ISO 800 and above. Yes, I know it was not too bad in bright daylight but poor light conditions seriously impacted the image.
  14. D

I am a nature & wildlife shooter, so I have a bias. If we are truly getting new sensor technology, here is my wish list: Keep the 24-26 mp range for both the M5 II and x0D Deliver image quality comparable to my 1dxII or 5dIV ISO performance equal to or surpass my 1dxII more dynamic range would...
  15. D

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

Dual Sensing IS? I assume this means in body image stabilization. Surprised no one is cheering if this is the meaning of the line.