Recent content by daniela

1. D

Replacement: Eos R or 5D Mark IV again?

Hi Guys! Thanks for all replies!!!! (y) To get some feeling, I joined an Canon workshop and shot two days with an Eos R. Quite different usage to my RIPped 5D Mark IV. In direct comparison to the 5D Mark IV, the AF of the R is faster, but it was harder to follow the birds. And the Eos R´s AF...
  2. D

I need an new xl backpack

Hi Guys! I tried a lot of backpacks and stayed with the Lowepro Trekker 650. I got one really cheap from an private seller who wrote an PM to me, for whom it was to heavy. I´ve just one small problem with it: On the front side, there is an compartment, where you can put the Laptop-sleeve...
  3. D

Replacement: Eos R or 5D Mark IV again?

Hi Guys! I had an backpack incident on Monday (silly, as I´m looking for an new one). The result is an heavily damaged 5DIV. It is not repairable (CPS). I do not want to spend the money for an 1DXII as an successor might be coming in one year, so I will stay with the 5D class. My question...
  4. D

Thank you for all answers. I´m going to see some of your rcommended bags in Munich at several shops. The Gura gear bags look quite interesting, also the Anvil. The f-Sop bags seem to be interesting too, but they are in the same weight class as the Lowerpro 650 with the ICU. Also the big lens...
  5. D

Hi Guys! I´ve started looking for an new xl sized backpack. My equipment for wildlife: 600mm L II, 100-400 L, 2 bodies, two smaller lenses, an flash and an extender to carry. And some food. Oh, yes and an tripod My long time used Tamrac expedition 9 has been "retired" by my dog. :rolleyes...
  6. D

Question: Electronic View Finder brightness Canon Ros R

Hi Guys! How bright is the Electronic View Finder of the EOS R comapered with the Sony Alpha 7 III? In bright light, the Electronic View Finder of the Sony Alpha 7 III is very dark and all colurs seem to be grey&blueish for me. Is the EOS R Electronic View Finder better working in bright light...
  7. D

Question on RF 24-105 vs EF 24-105 II, adapters and on BG-22

Hi Guys! Some questions on the new stuff from Canon. Do you know, if the RF version of the 24-105 is optically better than the EF II version? Should I sell the EF 24-105 II and fetch the RF version? Do you know, if I can use the 52mm polarizer from my 500mm II in the drop in filter of the...
  8. D

Using off camera Canon speedlights with Sony camera

Hi Guys! My daughter ordered an Sony A7 III these days. One thing, she is interested in, is making portraits in the nature with three or four speedlightes. Normally she used my Canon equipment for it, but she wanted an Sony. Do you know, if it is possible to use my Canon 600 RT flash and three...
  9. D

Which body for timelapse videos?

Hi guys! I hope this is the right sub-forum to post in for this topic. I´m trying a lot as my children grow up and I´ve a lot of sparetime now ;D ;D ;D 8) So, to do something new - I saw some stunning timelapse videos. I was told to buy an timelapse slider to create some movement. Yesssss...
  10. D

Advice needed: Sony body working on canon lenses?

Hi Guys! Can you give me some advice please. Out of guaranteetime, the sensor of my 7D Mk II has been broken and needs an expensive repair. I saved some money and I am looking for an replacement for my second body. I am happy with my 5D MK IV, but for birding, the higher fps of the 7DII have...
  11. D

New Lightroom very slow - advice needed?

Hi Guys! I´ve updated Lightroom on the newest version (not the cloud one), and it told me, that it is much faster. But on our Personal Computer (i7700, 32GB, 1070 GTX card), it slows down. It takes about 3 hours to import 1500 shots in Raw (5DIV) and generare 1:1 previews. More than twice the...
  12. D

M5 or XT-2 for hiking?

Thank you a lot for your answers. I just returned from handling both bodies, and I think I stay with Canon, as my system is half the price of the XT-2 and Canon´s image quality at lower Isos is not much worser than the XT-2. I´ll take he three lenses. Until now, it was not pleasing to carry...
  13. D

M5 or XT-2 for hiking?

Hi Guys! Autumn is coming, so hiking season will start soon. As I have to carry a lot of things for my children, I need an lighter MLS system. The 5D MKIV combined with 16-35mm and 24-105mm lenses, a lot of weight to carry. I need this camera for shots at hiking (landscape), without an tripod...
  14. D

The highend comparison ;-)

Ok, I did not know that the Video author is promoting his videos here. Thanks. AF: Yes, I´m still struggling to get most out of the AF system of the 5D MK IV. Last week terns took everything out of the AF system, when they performed varios high-speed-batturns over an lake surface. And it takes...
  15. D

The highend comparison ;-)

Maybe you will switch to canon, when they build an FF MLS too... ;D http://www.canonwatch.com/canon-full-frame-mirrorless-camera-eventually-coming-2018-sensor-30mp/