Recent content by DanP

1. D

DAT file on M5 video error

Thanks LDS. It was a friend's daughter's wedding, so not really important to me and it wasn't my job to video.
  2. D

Thanks for your idea Ben. I downloaded VLC and tried to open the file, but it wouldn't run it.
  3. D

Thanks Graham. Unfortunately that did not work. The file is probably corrupt. I rarely do video so I don't know if this is an unusual problem to encounter. .
  4. D

I was using an M5 to video some speeches at a wedding a few weeks ago and after a few minutes the camera screen brought up an error message which I don't remember exactly, but I think it said something about having to restart. I turned the camera off and back on and I could video again and it...
  5. D

Loading DCP file into Photoshop CC

I didn't even know they hid files.
  6. D

I searched the AppData and got pages of files, none of which looked correct. I will wait until my tech support returns from vacation. I'm not particularly computer savvy and don't want to risk creating a problem with my operating system files. Edit: I didn't scroll down far enough in your...
  7. D

No specific accounts, administrator or otherwise, were set up when I bought the PC. I just started using it. When I look at accounts in settings it only shows That's probably why it only shows User/User in the file structure. I shall wait for my child (tech support) to return from vacation...
  8. D

Thanks MSP. My tree looks like this. None of the options lead me to Abode camera profiles.
  9. D

Thanks PBD, but when I try to export it brings up the folder that the DNG image came from as the location it will save in. I can change the location, but I don't know to where I should save it.
  10. D

I have created an IR Camera profile using DNG Profile editor (DCP file), but I cannot figure out how to load it into Photoshop CC. Internet searches indicate I need move the DCP file into C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles but my C: drive doesn't have a tree...
  11. D

Yongnuo YN-E3-RT Incompatible with M5

Thank you Graham. The firmware update appears to have solved the problem. The transmitter now fires the flash. I couldn't definitively tell from my test shot that the ETTL worked correctly, but the exposure looked reasonable. When I set +2 FEC in the camera menu, it certainly did overexpose...
  12. D

Yongnuo YN-E3-RT Incompatible with M5

Does anyone know of a fix for the YN-E3-RT not working on the M5? It won't fire the compatible flash (it will by firing the test button, but not the shutter). I've searched the web and this was a known issue some time ago. I searched Yongnuo's USA website and it shows a firmware link for the...
  13. D

Photoshop brush / Wacom tablet problem

Frank - thanks for your suggestion. My "c:" tree doesn't appear to be structured like yours, but I'm not computer literate enough to try what you suggest anyway. As I don't have the problem as long as I start to draw immediately, or double tap to start, I think I'm OK leaving things as they are.
  14. D

Thanks YuengLinger. The map was loaded into Photoshop by pasting a screen print into a new document (PSD). I tried your idea of a new layer, but it didn't make any diffenence. However, with further trials I've discovered that if I move the pen immediately upon it touching the tablet, then it...
  15. D

I am using Photoshop 2019 CC, Wacom Intuos Pro M and Windows 10 (Windows 10 updates are run whenever offered). I have taken a Google road map and loaded it into Photoshop. I am using the brush tool to draw lines on the roads tracing my trip route. When I use the mouse I have no problem...