Recent content by DanP

1. D

M5/M6 and EF-M Lens Questions

The M5 uses a different battery than the M50. I also use Watson batteries for my 5D III and have been happy with them. Watson makes a charger for the M5 batteries, but doesn't appear to make an LP-E17 battery to go in their charger.
  2. D

Thanks Neuro. I was really thinking about the clear filter which I may leave on most of the time (but did not express that). However, since I have the polarizer I need to consider it as well. I'll have to play around with both methods with both filters to see which works best (but it's...
  3. D

Neuro, I can confirm the F-Pro (at least the polarizers) don't interfere with the bayonet lens hoods. Given the low profile of the hood for the 22mm lens, is it best to mount the filter to the hood, or the hood to the filter (reflections or flare off filter vs. vignetting)?
  4. D

Thanks for your suggestion but I've already ordered two Canon batteries (which together cost substantially more than the last vehicle battery I bought). It looks like nobody has duplicated the chip for this battery.
  5. D

Intervalometer for M5

Thanks Andrei - that is good to know. If the $8 adapter doesn't work, I may try your idea. I have containers of unused cables laying around; surely there must be a 2.5mm mini-plug in one of them.
  6. D

Intervalometer for M5

I found an N3 female to 2.5mm male adapter on Amazon for $8 which I can use with my existing N3 intervalometer, so this should solve my problem.
  7. D

Intervalometer for M5

Thanks for the info. I didn't think of it that way. However, isn't the jack 2.5mm?
  8. D

Intervalometer for M5

I bought the M5. When reading the manual I was surprised to find that Canon doesn't seem to offer an intervalometer accessory for it. Does anyone have an intervalometer solution for the camera? I've seen a reference to someone using a Neewer intervalometer (available on Amazon) but it I...
  9. D

Thanks for the clarification.
  10. D

Thanks Neuro. I looked at the filter details on your M28 review. As I understand it, the ES-22 hood screws onto the small diameter threads on the lens (22mm) and if you want to use a filter with the hood you need to use a 43mm filter mounted on the hood. I don't see any 22mm filters on the...
  11. D

I'm debating buying either the M5 or M6 with 18-150, 11-22 and possibly 22 prime (the 28 macro comes as a bonus), and 270EXII for an upcoming trip to Iceland and Ireland, rather than taking the 5DIII with 24-105, 16-35F4 and 600EX-RT, but have a few questions. For the M5 users, do you find the...
  12. D

Lens Support Rig for Big Whites

Does anyone use a lens support rig for their big white lens? If so, have you found it to make a significant (positive) difference over just attaching the lens to the gimbal using the lens foot? An example of what I mean is on the following website...
  13. D

Upgrade to Sypder 5 Elite?

Thanks to all for your replies. I've not yet got to the point of doing detailed colour work, so an upgrade at this point may not be worth the money. I was just wondering if there was any significant difference between the 4 & 5. On the other hand, I will likely go to a proper monitor...
  14. D

Upgrade to Sypder 5 Elite?

There is currently an offer in Canada to upgrade any colour calibrator to a Spyder5Elite for CAD199.99. I currently own a Spyder4Elite. Are there any significant advantages to the Spyder5Elite over the Spyder4Elite to justify the upgrade cost?
  15. D

Solar eclipse diamond ring

Mt Spokane - At least you have an equipment excuse. In my haste to set up I forgot to tape the focus ring and ended up with no useable images of totality (I stayed overnight too far from site and had to contend with I-5 traffic in the morning, plus tired from drive on the day before - made it...