Recent content by danski0224

1. D

IBIS and 100mp coming to an EOS R camera? [CR2]

Well, the Sigma Merrill cameras have a sensor that is 1:1:1 R/G/B stacked, and they are not excellent low light cameras by any means, but they are not "full frame" either. The Quattro cameras have a different sensor that has fewer pixels for the two lower layers, and it is not a good low light...
  2. D

Well, for me it would be unmanageable. The file sizes would likely more than double, so I would routinely be over 2Gb. The stitching programs seem to handle the file sizes OK. But the editing phase is where I am running into problems when the file size is over 2Gb or 60,000 pixels. I don't know...
  3. D

It would be interesting to see how something like this performs in real life. Panorama files from a 5DSr are already nearing un-manageable status. If I shot a 17 frame panorama with a 100mp camera, I would have no way to process it. I would rather see Canon release a 25-30 mp sensor based on...
  4. D

Kickstarter: New Startup Launches World’s First Titanium Tripod & Ballhead

He did, didn't you see the movie? :)
  5. D

Kickstarter: New Startup Launches World’s First Titanium Tripod & Ballhead

Meh.... I'm waiting for the transparent aluminum version.
  6. D

EOS Film Body - Compatibility with my Canon lenses

I recall reading somewhere that the EOS 1V is the only film camera that is compatible with the EF lens Image Stabilizer function.
  7. D

Canon EOS R body with more than 75mp on the horizon [CR2]

Difficult to say, right? Fuji seems to be doing OK with their digital mini-medium format camera and lenses. There are a whole lot of old Pentax lenses out there that will cover a 645 sensor. Cheap. All Pentax has to do is build one. They could stay with the same pixel size as the 645D, and I...
  8. D

And right now, Pentax is the only manufacturer (brand) with a wide range of existing lenses that would work. They even have the camera body. Just need a sensor... :) As far as "cheaper to manufacture" lenses, look at the current DA Pentax lenses- which are NOT cheap, nor are they made in Japan...
  9. D

I'm waiting to see what Canon does, but the forthcoming Sigma Foveon in L mount intrigues me more. I really would have liked to see a 1DsIV from Canon.
  10. D

Going to Italy - 70-200 or 100-400?

Not to the point where I wanted to bring another lens. I had one high vantage point opportunity in a city, and I stayed with 35mm and 70mm. If I had a 100-400, I would have had to leave the 70-200 at home because of space and weight limitations. The number of days when it was clear enough to...
  11. D

Going to Italy - 70-200 or 100-400?

I got back from Iceland, and my most used lens (by far) was 16-35, followed by the 70-200. Wish I had brought the 24-105 too (had another camera with the equivalent of a 24-70 on it). I don't have a 100-400, but I couldn't think of too many places where something like that would have come in handy.
  12. D

Should I purchase a 300mm f/2.8 is I for wildlife???

Well, prices on the 600 IS VII may soften up a bit with well heeled people buying the lighter IS VIII lens. That Sigma 500mm new is more $$ than a used Canon 500 IS VI. That Canon lens may now be obsolete as far as Canon is concerned, but it is still a Canon lens and it will give the best...
  13. D

Should I purchase a 300mm f/2.8 is I for wildlife???

The easiest pricing tool is the "sold" listings filter on that big auction site. Which Canon TC's? The latest certainly is the best, especially the 2x. Lens focus speed will be slower with the 1.4x (may not be too noticeable) but the reduction while using the 2x will be noticeable. You would...