Recent content by danski0224

1. D

Major Canon announcements in February and May of this year [CR2]

Gonna be expensive with the new high megapixel body and the full frame Foveon allegedly coming out this year... Winning lottery ticket, please. :)
  2. D

Industry News: Leica announces the M10 Monochrom

That's a deal at twice the price. I'll have to get one kit for each of my residences. :)
  3. D

I guess it depends on how much glass you want to buy... :)
  4. D

Sigma is no longer producing SA mount camera bodies. The fp is a video-centric camera with a Bayer based sensor, L mount. There is an upcoming 1:1:1 Foveon "full frame" camera that is supposed to be released in 2020, also with an L mount. The 2019 release was postponed.
  5. D

The only Sigmas with an actual viewfinder is the sd/SD series (DSLR or mirrorless sdQ/H).
  6. D

A sdQ and a few Global Vision lenses can be had for less than just the Leica camera alone. Same goes for the SD1M (the SD1M has been officially discontinued by Sigma). The set of DP cameras can also be had for less than just the Leica camera. It may not be the same, but the entry fee is more...
  7. D

Which Quattro (or other sensor version)? Fixed lens (dp) or mirrorless interchangeable lens camera (sd)? Sigma has alternated between sd/SD and dp/DP. I do not have a dp series Quattro, however I think the sd Quattro has fantastic ergonomics. People that actually use the dp series Quattros...
  8. D

Sigma Foveon or Quattro cameras lack a Bayer color filter array and excel at monochrome. The interchangeable lens Sigma digital cameras can do full spectrum after removing the dust filter (hot mirror). With the exception of the SD9, the dust filters come out without tools. They are fragile, and...
  9. D

IBIS and 100mp coming to an EOS R camera? [CR2]

Well, the Sigma Merrill cameras have a sensor that is 1:1:1 R/G/B stacked, and they are not excellent low light cameras by any means, but they are not "full frame" either. The Quattro cameras have a different sensor that has fewer pixels for the two lower layers, and it is not a good low light...
  10. D

Well, for me it would be unmanageable. The file sizes would likely more than double, so I would routinely be over 2Gb. The stitching programs seem to handle the file sizes OK. But the editing phase is where I am running into problems when the file size is over 2Gb or 60,000 pixels. I don't know...
  11. D

It would be interesting to see how something like this performs in real life. Panorama files from a 5DSr are already nearing un-manageable status. If I shot a 17 frame panorama with a 100mp camera, I would have no way to process it. I would rather see Canon release a 25-30 mp sensor based on...
  12. D

Kickstarter: New Startup Launches World’s First Titanium Tripod & Ballhead

He did, didn't you see the movie? :)
  13. D

Kickstarter: New Startup Launches World’s First Titanium Tripod & Ballhead

Meh.... I'm waiting for the transparent aluminum version.
  14. D

EOS Film Body - Compatibility with my Canon lenses

I recall reading somewhere that the EOS 1V is the only film camera that is compatible with the EF lens Image Stabilizer function.