Recent content by DanThePhotoMan

1. D

RF Mount in Cinema EOS

I've been seeing a lot of rumors lately addressing a CX00 version camera being announced with an RF mount. From my understanding, all RF mount lenses are focus by wire. That, at least to me, kills any hope it would have of working on a larger budget set. Suer dpaf, or whatever the next iteration...
  2. D

A Minor Update on What's Coming from Canon at NAB 2018

I seriously hope Canon puts out something worth while in their Cinema EOS line. They make such great equipment and then cripple it beyond belief. I felt like I was cheating on a spouse when I bought my FS7 three years ago instead of sticking with Canon, but I can't tell you how great of a...
  3. D

A Minor Update on Canon's Plans for NAB 2018

Canon is in a really weird place with the Cinema EOS cameras. It's like they completely reversed what they should have done. RAW and 4k60p at 10bit in the C300mkii would have killer, and then keep the 4k24-60p 10bit for the C200. You've still got timecode out and genlock in the C300mkii for the...
  4. D

*UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image

Re: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications I'm actually really happy with this list of specs. It makes me feel pretty darn content with my 5Dmk3 and doesn't give me much of a wanting, much less a need to upgrade. If these are accurate, the 5Dmk3 will sit happily in my bag, unless another company...
  5. D

Price Drops on Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark II & C100 Mark II

Re: Price Drops on Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark II & C100 Mark II Yeah, ithe c300mkii should have been this price from the beginning. Maybe $9,999 if they really wanted to be competitive. I've got my fingers crossed that this means they'll be putting out a c100mkiii with 4K, cause that would be...
  6. D

C300mkii Price Drop - $11,999.00

TwinCam, don't hesitate on the FS7. I purchased one in December and it is fantastic. It's being used on almost every event down here (New Orleans) that I have been to. I've been booked multiple times specifically because of the FS7. It takes a minute to get used to, but it produces outstanding...
  7. D

C300mkii Price Drop - $11,999.00

Well, this certainly didn't take long. I'm not quite sure what to make of this other than they may be releasing the C500mkii closer to that price range so they had to drop this? http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1134579-REG/canon_0635c002_eos_c300_mark_ii.html
  8. D

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Talk [CR2]

Just my two cents, but if the 5DmkIV had 4k video I would be shocked. Canon had the chance to show innovation and ad 4k into the C100mkii, but they didn't. Canon is trying extremely hard to make sure they are differentiating their photo and video products. Their $16k cinema camera can only do...
  9. D

Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Spec List Surfaces [CR1]

I will not only bet my life, but I will pay the mortgages of every person in this forum if this camera has 4k60p and 240fps HD. Absolutely not gonna happen. They didn't include either of those features in their $16,000 cinema camera, it will not be in a dslr. That's not how Canon works. Maybe if...
  10. D

Canon EOS-1D X Mark II to Shoot 4K Video [CR2]

720p and any other 1080p video I've showed them beforehand. The point being that 1080p is more than sufficient for just about anything, especially when 720p is still fine. Go ahead and look at the 4k video that is coming from your A7r2. Ask almost any videographer and guess what? They prefer...
  11. D

Canon EOS-1D X Mark II to Shoot 4K Video [CR2]

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that 90% of the people who are complaining about the 5Dmk4 won't have any use, what so ever, for 4k video. This past weekend I shot a promo video for a local Crossfit, and guess what? I edited in a 720p timeline to punch in a little since we only had a...
  12. D

Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark II First Impressions

Yeah, from the tests I've watched, the autofocus is seriously impressive. The footage looked great too considering all the compression in the Vimeo upload. I seriously hope he missed focus on the slow motion shot though. It looked absolutely atrocious.
  13. D

C300mkii 4K/UHD60p RAW via Odyssey 7Q+?

So I was running through a few articles and found one from Convergent Design that peaked my interest. I think they may have jumped the gun and written this incorrectly, because if not I think this would be something major Canon would have said originally. The article states: "We currently offer...
  14. D

C300mk2 release date pushed back?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but from every article I had read the expected release date for the C300mk2 was September of this year. I just checked BnH and now it is October 20. I've done a little research and can't find any specific reason. It's only a month so it's not that big of a deal...
  15. D

POLL: Who will be first with 8K...

I personally don't think it will be any of the above. RED will absolutely be the first to make an 8k camera. They already put out 6k with their Dragon a year ago, so I say we'll be seeing 8k from them in the next two years. Being that their new Weapon is doing 6k, I'd say whatever their new...