Recent content by Desiree Vie

1. D

We were wrong, all of your Canon mirrorless dreams are likely coming true soon

I have 3 Cameras, one with DPAF, which is nearly all I could could want in a DSLR vs. Video Cam. I have 8 lenses, ALL EF mount, albeit ef or ef-s. I have zero issues with a mirror, nor have I since 1974 when I bought my first Canon camera. I do not see why this whole "rush" to mirrorless even...
  2. D

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

I feel like I am punching miles over my weight limit with what I've seen here, but this is one of my best to date. Shot May 18, 2018, Red House Lake, Allegany State Park New York. Canon 80D gripped, 100-400L IS USM II, hand held 1/2000 400 ISO F9. 100% crop. Zero processing except the crop.
  3. D

ef 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II with eos 80D: Issues?

Red Bellied Woodpecker With Canon 80D and Canon EF 100-400 IS II
  4. D

ef 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II with eos 80D: Issues?

I have the Canon 80D and the Canon EF 100-400 L IS II, and I have not experienced any issues with the IQ other than those I have created. Such as ISO, Focus Points, AF Modes and such. I got the camera Oct 11, 2016, and the lens May 19, 2017. My biggest issue on lost shots has been my knowledge...
  5. D

Can I use all my old Sunpak 522 Flashes with Canon EOS

Thank You Mt. Spokane, your response came as I entered mine. I do not wish to toss these, but if needed, sobeit. I do have a volt/amp meter, I use it to read my car battery haha. It is dead, the car will not start. Not exactly science when you realize I have 4 Canon DSLR's I may ruin right? Oh...
  6. D

Unfortunately, none of this, and all of this I already knew, and because I have no way to determine the exact, perfect voltages, nor even know how to read what my Sunpak flashes emit, prudence has said to me, do not even try. I found, amongst other items, the Wein Soft Sync and other products...
  7. D

Back in the 70s and 80s, my father and I used to listen to the police scanner, chase everything nearby, shoot it and sell it to the newspapers. I had Canon AE-1's, AE-1 Programs, A-1's and he was a medium to large format guy. Over time I had acquired 3 Sunpak 522's with all the TTL adapters...
  8. D

Night driving time-lapse through Tasmanian landscapes

Very inspirational. Still waiting for the first time lapse I can show off, not there yet.