Recent content by Diltiazem

1. Diltiazem

Patent: 83mp full-frame image sensor from Canon

Although high-resolution sensor has been mentioned in the patent, the idea of the patent is the improvement of DPAF. So all the excitement probably is premature.
  2. Diltiazem

Canon to announce EOS-1D X equivalent EOS R system camera in 2021?

I won't say EOS R is a camera suitable for all kinds of wildlife photography. It's main problem is the viewfinder lag when tracking subjects. A bird may be partly out of the frame when VF will show you the whole bird withing the frame (at the edge). When a bird is flying across the frame and it...
  3. Diltiazem

Long reply, but I enjoyed it. :) Totally agree with you about AF advancements and Canon's determination catch up or even go ahead. Canon lagged behind in data processing speed. This affected AF performance, video performance and resulted in viewfinder lag in its mirrorless. Now with M6 II it...
  4. Diltiazem

May be Canon's main obstacle at the moment is IBIS. May be Canon doesn't want to release a 5DV type mirrorless without IBIS. After all, reading the forums, it appears that Canon will be doomed if it doesn't have IBIS in its next FF mirrorless.
  5. Diltiazem

Canon officially announces the Cinema EOS C500 Mark II

What is electronic image stabilization? IBIS or digital manipulation? Can 5 axis IS be done digitally?
  6. Diltiazem

Specifications and pricing for the Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS and Canon RF 24-70 f/2.8L IS

With 3 more blades, RF 24-70 is 95g heavier than EF 24-70/2.8 II. It is slightly longer. I guess part of it is due to IS. And the rest may be more aberration correction? It will be interesting to see the optical performance as EF version is already so good.
  7. Diltiazem

We’ve received the pricing for the new RF lenses

Adjusted for inflation the price probably is on par with EF versions. But the landscape has changed. Canon is far behind Sony in FF mirrorless market, so more than inflation should have been considered. Unless Canon comes up with some great FF mirrorless cameras with the reasonable price these...
  8. Diltiazem

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

Yes, incomplete. Video does say 4K 25p/30p.
  9. Diltiazem

Canon EOS M6 Mark II full specifications

I think High speed 7 is for silent shutter.
  10. Diltiazem

Canon EOS M6 Mark II full specifications

Yeah, there are some errors. On the other hand, 90D spec list appears to be accurate. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p8seA9GAEJmkzLNe-NxVHZ21lEy0gsBZ/view
  11. Diltiazem

Canon EOS 90D promotional video appears to have leaked

It is in servo AF (continuous tracking). https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p8seA9GAEJmkzLNe-NxVHZ21lEy0gsBZ/view
  12. Diltiazem

You beat me. I was just going to post this. :)
  13. Diltiazem

Fun speculating. :) What do you folks think about 60p? I think it will be cropped 4K with DPAF.