Recent content by DJL329

1. DJL329

Canon closing Jamesburg, NJ Service Center

I received this message from CPS this week, so I decided to share, in case anyone was planning to send/travel to the Jamesburg, NJ Service Center for a repair/cleaning: I live within driving distance of Jamesburg, so I was able to drop off/pick up here or even get my sensors cleaned while I...
  2. DJL329

Samyang officially announces the XP 10mm f/3.5, the world’s widest prime lens

I just checked the page, and they did fix it: "... XP 10mm F3.5 proves it to be the best support for your more than 50 megapixel photography and 8K cinematography."
  3. DJL329

Tamron announces the 35-150mm F/2.8-4 Di VC OSD and SP 35mm F/1.4 Di USD for Canon EF

As the OP stated, this new 35mm will be Tamron's first lens faster than f/1.8, so being consistent is hardly the point. Canon, Nikon and Sigma all have 35mm and 50mm lenses with f/1.4 apertures. Since Tamron is now catching up aperture-wise with their new 35mm, it would be nice if they took...
  4. DJL329

Tamron announces the 35-150mm F/2.8-4 Di VC OSD and SP 35mm F/1.4 Di USD for Canon EF

+1 Now perhaps now they will make an SP 50mm f/1.4.
  5. DJL329

Canon places top five in U.S. patent rankings for 33 years running and first among Japanese companies for fourteen years running

If only Canon would transform some of the much desired patents into actual products, especially: https://www.canonrumors.com/patent-canon-ef-50mm-f1-4/ The optical formula for a new EF 50mm f/1.4 has appeared. It looks like the lens has internal focus and an odd negative front element. We...
  6. DJL329

Computer Advice

There are a lot of different types of M.2 drives available, so the 256GB M.2 SSD might not have been compatible with your laptop. You should check with Dell to make sure the one you buy is a supported type. I know that Western Digital has a free, downloadable version of Acronis that can be used...
  7. DJL329

First look: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM Image Quality

Glad to see at least one person realized I was being facetious!
  8. DJL329

First look: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM Image Quality

Wow. Now all we need is an RF to EF adapter!
  9. DJL329

Ended: Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary & Free Dock $789 (Reg $1089)

In case anyone is still interested, B&H matched the deal: $749, including USB dock. Price is good until midnight tonight. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1082154-REG/sigma_150_600mm_f_5_6_3_dg_os.html
  10. DJL329

LensCoat and Canon 400mm f5.6

I have a LensCoat on my EF 300mm f/4L IS, which also has the retractable lens hood. The LensCoat extends past the end of the hood, but the hood still retracts without an issue.
  11. DJL329

Venus Optics officially announces the Laowa 24mm f/14 2x Macro Probe lens, a weird but revolutionary lens for macro videography

In Kai's review, he shows the cable that attaches to the lens to connect to a USB power source. In addition to the cable's On/Off switch, it has Up and Down switches to increase/decrease the lights' intensity.
  12. DJL329

Time to replace "Mirrorless"?! (camera description term / wording)

Let's not forget: before being called "cars," they were known as: Horseless Carriages Motor Carriages Motorcars Once the mirror-less cameras replace the dSLR cameras, they'll just lose the "mirror-less" designation, either as just "Cameras" or MILC (since we love acronyms), as others have stated.
  13. DJL329

At Least Two Big White Lenses Coming Ahead of Photokina [CR3]

Where's the Red ring?!? ;D ::)
  14. DJL329

I don't bird, but if I wanted to...

Possibly a Cooper's or Sharp-shinned Hawk. This site is good for finding birds, as it has a "Similar Species" section, which lists birds that look about the same. https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Coopers_Hawk/id