Recent content by drama

1. D

The new PL mount CN-E prime lenses that are coming soon are more than just a mount conversion

Agree. This sounds like Canon going after the top pros, who like cookes for their cinematic legitimacy. Canon dominate the doc glass market, so it's an intriguing step. Interested to see how they market "soft" without compromising on image quality!
  2. D

The follow-up to the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II may come in 2019 [CR2]

Seems like that's the safe money. Canon's transitioning to FF Mirrorless without a doubt, but with the Olympics coming, and a heritage of DLSR lineup, a more specified 5D, and an incremental 1DX upgrade with a faster processor and minor megapixel bump seems to make a lot of sense. In the...
  3. D

Canon to use a Sony image sensor in an upcoming APS-C ILC body? [CR1]

This is an embarrassing post from CR guy. I guess not enough people are leaking stories so we have to fill with this nonsense. Canon is on record as talking proudly as being an "end to end" imaging company, who make everything from their sensors through to printers. They've just had an event in...
  4. D

DPReview: Canon EOS R first impressions with Chris and Rishi

Canon care about protecting their cinema line. My entire suggestion here isn't that that's good or bad, but that you should expect it, and complaining about it is pointless when it's been proven time and again, and that there are cameras from other companies that will offer what you want. Coming...
  5. D

I would assume that as the 24-70 2.0 and the 50mm 1.2 are both unstabilized, that a stabilized body is coming. When however, remains to be seen. It certainly won't be in the next six months, given the hype around this launch. They'll want to let the R breathe for a bit.
  6. D

Canon have always stabilised glass. Why would they change that when it makes their lenses best in class? Next to no-one needs it. Plus cinema range protection. Sounds like you should buy a Sony. Bet you don’t though.
  7. D

I did enjoy playing tech-spec-size-Queen bingo today as the system was announced. It’s now *very* trendy for people who read reviews and who don’t actually understand what they’re shooting on to cry “But one card slot! Muh IBIS! Where is 4K 60FPS?” I greatly suspect many of them will end up...
  8. D

Here are the full Canon EOS R specifications

This seems needlessly aggressive, and taken in bad faith. But for clarity, when I say "everyone else" I mean "people who have reviewed or worked with the cameras and found things they didn't like." Again, no one camera system works for everyone. And there we are. When it's all done, you've...
  9. D

The same ones everyone else does - not a fan of the color array, battery life is crap, and I prefer Canon glass. Overheating, lower build quality etc etc etc. There's plenty to recommend them - they have great specs and are affordable.
  10. D

Please show where I've said no-one should have an opinion against it? If you can't differentiate between being pointlessly negative, and cautious speculation / qualified reservations then you're precisely who I'm talking about. For the record, I capped off with a point that if people think Sony...
  11. D

There's nothing wrong with going to Sony, if you want their camera on balance. If on the other hand you've just mentally made Canon hoops to jump through, and they've instead gone in a different direction, that's very much a you , not them, problem. I think The new Nikon and this Eos R, and...
  12. D

Let's break down these current dealbreakers, shall we? * IBIS - well, we don't have a full spec sheet yet, let's wait for the announce proper. Yes, it would be nice. With good IS is it a deal breaker? sure, if you're trying to make a professional film. Otherwise, it'll be great for vlogging...
  13. D

There’s some really toxic negativity in these replies already. I hate this stage of rumors - where people’s bonkers, unrealistic expectations don’t happen and they go in on a manufacturer for bringing the “wrong” product for them out. Absolutely no need for it. If you don’t want to buy it, cool...
  14. D

A hypothesis concerning the RF mount

Amen. I think the fear of Canon W*tch has got Craig posting any crank's nonsense because it means web traffic. I've seen so much contradictory nonsense about everything from spec to mount, that none of it really means anything. If the point of this site was to be an authoritative voice in what's...
  15. D

Canon U.S.A., Inc. Introduces New Flagship EOS C700 Cinema Camera

This was my point. You can get far better for that money. The only reason I could think of for wanting a Canon brain is if you're shooting using Canon glass on a big shoot, but even then, the global shutter doesn't work with a Canon mount. It's mystifying. Perhaps it's marked up to make it seem...