Recent content by dsut4392

1. D

SIGMA to address their RF mount plans in early 2020 [CR2]

An RF version of their old 50/1.4 Ex is what I really want more than any other lens. Even if all they do is improve the focusing, slap on an RF mount and call it done. All the other modern 50/1.4 or wider options are simply too big and heavy to routinely make it into my bag.
  2. D

Canon Patent: Potential cooling for a 1 series camera

Peltier cooling would make so much more sense. Fan based cooling implies openings for ventilation with all the resultant implications for dust/dirt/moisture ingress. Even if it were implemented as sealed ducts, there's obvious potential for the ducts to be clogged by dust, and the bulk of the...
  3. D

Canon’s EOS-1D X Mark II equivalent mirrorless is coming sooner than originally thought [CR1]

Tilt affects the plane of focus, so of course AF is affected, but I'm not sure how AFMA comes into play, or why CDAF should be different from PDAF? Unless you're suggesting that AFMA can compensate for tilt?
  4. D

Canon’s EOS-1D X Mark II equivalent mirrorless is coming sooner than originally thought [CR1]

That only makes sense if the adapters contain optical elements, which these don't. Adapters do increase the chance of there being tilt between the optical axis of the lens and the sensor plane (due to slop in the interface), but the chance of this having any significance in the real world is...
  5. D

Three new RF prime lenses coming in early 2020 [CR2]

I strongly disagree. There are a bunch of people who use their camera for travel & outdoors, who simply won't buy into RF unless/until some more compact lenses become available, including consumer oriented glass like the 24-240. None of the people I know who have left EOS full-frame did so for...
  6. D

Dynamic range comparison between the EOS RP, EOS 6D Mark II and EOS R

Aye aye. The trend towards videos is so tedious.
  7. D

Patent: Canon RF 100-400mm f/3.5-5.6L IS and more

16-35 plus 50-250 would be a pretty tempting two lens kit for me, depending on how the relative IQ of the 24-240 pans out. My current travel kit with 6D is 16-35/4 plus Tamron 28-300. IQ of the Tamron is perhaps surprisingly OK, but still leaves me wanting more.
  8. D

Lower end EOS R body to omit the touch bar

Waiting for camera releases follows the same rule as diving - "Don't hold your breath"!
  9. D

New diffractive optics super telephoto lenses on the way, with a new twist….. [CR1]

All the evidence points to cheaper weddings leading to longer lasting marriages. The more you spend on lenses instead of your wedding, the more it proves you love her :)
  10. D

Interview: Understanding the Canon EOS R

Remind me, what are the equivalents to the new f1.2 and f2.0 RF lenses that have 5 stops of IS? I'm not a spec chasing fanboy (I'm still shooting an original 6D which suits my needs), but dismissing IBIS as a 'techno feature fancied by the blogosphere' is absurd. FACT - All else being equal, the...
  11. D

Opinion: Canon is causing its own problems with the RF mount

Canon has the data on what lenses and bodies they have sold, but the only data they have on who has bought them comes from the subset of people who return the warranty registration card, who may or may not be a representative sample. I think it's also important to consider that Canon isn't...
  12. D

Here's the Canon EOS 4000D, A New Entry Level DSLR

Where is the card slot? Guess it must be on the bottom through the battery door?
  13. D

Poll Added: Here's Why Canon Doesn't Need to Innovate, But it Should

You're probably right, and the 6D2 is probably a perfectly fine tool for many uses. I'm far more appalled at Casey Neistat than I could ever be with a camera, what a tool of the highest order!
  14. D

Poll Added: Here's Why Canon Doesn't Need to Innovate, But it Should

Love your user name, I did my honours thesis on inhibition of drug metabolism by diltiazem metabolites. I think you are confusing 'innovation' with 'invention'. For all that Sony didn't invent the things you list, how many other manufacturers are selling a full-frame ILC with IBIS using a BSI...