Recent content by EduPortas

1. E

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

Yes. I thought I was the only one using this method. You can do this with the 7DM2 in full manual thanks to the dedicated focus selection collar. It's very fast and easy to learn.
  2. E

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

So we lose 7D ruggedness and ergonomics but gain image quality and some consumer features. This one is going to be one hard tradeoff.
  3. E

Canon registers a 32.5mp APS-C DSLR in Taiwan

Here comes the new 7D. Just in time, as per usual with Canon. Let's hope they take a stab at the D500, anticipating the inevitable D500s.
  4. E

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

I'm not buying it. 1) Canon has invested millions of dollars in the technology behind the 7D series. It' very unlike a Japanese company to go bonkers and leave all that technology without current representation. 2) There is no substitute for the OVF...yet. Most 7D users are very picky on this...
  5. E

New mid-level DSLR and EOS M5 Mark II the next ILC’s from Canon? [CR1]

We don't know if it's not already, hehe.
  6. E

New mid-level DSLR and EOS M5 Mark II the next ILC’s from Canon? [CR1]

7D Mark III will be here around September-October. Testers gonna test. How do I know this? It will be the exact same timespan between the original 7D and the 7D M2 (five years, almost to the day). You know, the Kaizen way of thinking for most big Japanese companies and all that. Don't release...
  7. E

Preorder: Canon EOS Rebel SL3

Just out of curiosity: What would you guy say is the SL3's main competitor? I can't really find one with specificity. Maybe Nikon's 5600?
  8. E

Seems like they do. So basically product differentiation.
  9. E

IPB vs ALL-I makes little difference in 8bit. Maybe All-I displays motion a bit better and is easier to edit on than ALL-I. Maybe. Having said that, the real question is why does Canon keep the Rebel and SL lines? Seems a bit too close for me. The SL is closer to the "true" successor to the...
  10. E

Four New Canon XA Professional Camcorders Feature 4K 30p High-Quality Recording

The XA40 seems like a clear winner from Canon. For me, it's irrelevant if you get 4K with either 24p, 30p or 60p. The important thing is you get some flavor of 4K. The crucial bit of technology is the XLR setup. There is no comparable product from either Sony or Panny. With Sony, it's either...
  11. E

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III field testing has begun [CR2]

You guys are worrying too much about the EF mount and DSLRs in general. There will always be a niche for a high-end DSLR. Mainly, journalists. There's at least 10 years of habituation between that group and their digital 1D cameras. No way Canon will force them to change to the RF mount. Not a...
  12. E

Canon, Canon Canon….. Please help the video stars

The reasoning behind this cameras insane: 4K video/Mic port/headphone jack: check! But no DPAF with EF-S lenses in 1080p. In fact, no 1080p at all with those lenses! What?! Yet, you CAN get 4K with EF-S lenses and 1080p with DPAF with EF-S lenses in a subframe body in the M50. Alas, no...
  13. E

Canon announces the VIXIA HF G50 4K UHD Video Camcorder

Canon has you covered. For a price. The GX10 has a larger sensor, ND filters, DPAF, and 4K. That will be $1,500, please.
  14. E

The predicted first half of 2019 Canon product announcement roadmap

Yes, but unless you're viewing a 4k video at full screen and less than 15 inches from your screen, it's almost indistinguishable from good 1080p. YouTube compression and its small viewing format make 4k unnecessary. Bur of course the 4k badge sells cameras, even if 99% of consumers will never...
  15. E

The predicted first half of 2019 Canon product announcement roadmap

7D Mark III in 2019 is basically a given. It falls right into their 5 year product-cycle for that particular model (2009, 2014, 2019). They'll probably announce it in February--after their 2018 fiscal year closes in January--and sell it in September (like the 7DM2). That way they can report a...