Recent content by EduPortas

1. E

Patent: Canon RF mount modular CINE camera appears in drawings

Yep, a hypothetical "C-RF-X00" would include ND filtration, a feature in almost every Canon videocamera already. An intriguing model, for sure.
  2. E

Patent: Canon RF mount modular CINE camera appears in drawings

Had to happen sooner or later.
  3. E

Why has Canon omitted 24p 4K recording in their new cameras such as the EOS M6 Mark II, EOS 90D and EOS RP?

Guys, it ain't that complicated: Canon is forcing anyone that wants to record good 4K 24p with DPAF to go upstream. That would include a few DSLRs/MILCs and the expensive C-Line videocameras. There's some $$$ to be had with that sub target of consumers. That's about it.
  4. E

CAPTURE ONE PRO IS NOW SUBSCRIPTION BASED TOO.

This is CR. Other camera brands don't matter, hehe ;]
  5. E

CAPTURE ONE PRO IS NOW SUBSCRIPTION BASED TOO.

There's always Canon DPP.
  6. E

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

Congratulations on that. I'll keep my EF/EF-S system until Canon forces me to give it up à la the great FD to EF schism. Don't like to waste my time with adapters. But hey, if you're happy with your setup then all the better for ya.
  7. E

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

I'm well aware of this. But using an adapter is not ideal. It adds another possible failure point to your setup and a bit more weight, in this case. It's a substandard experience. I expect to attach a lens a shoot hassle free.
  8. E

Other than some recently announced RF lenses the current catalog just ain't there (28-70mm, 50, 85, 24-105). Still a long ways to go for a comparable sports/action selection like the one already in existence for EF/EF-S cameras. How about the M mount? No way in hell a current 7D owner is...
  9. E

That's going to be a long wait, friend. No native mirrorless high-end lenses in either M or RF mounts. EF and EF-S still hold a firm grip in CanonLand. Chances are either a new 1D or 7D will be a mirror flapper.
  10. E

Canon EOS 90D promotional video appears to have leaked

Great observation. That would indicate some variation for future, higher-end, models.
  11. E

Canon EOS 90D promotional video appears to have leaked

7D fanbase will have to wait. This is not a pro-spec body. Rather, a great update from the 70/80D. Clear telltale signs this is not a 7DM2 substitute or merger: no dual card slots, single processing unit, and back wheel-control à la the middle tier 6DM2, not the beefier, heavier, 7DM2, 5DM4 and...
  12. E

Canon EOS 90D and Canon EOS M6 Mark II announcements coming at the end of August

And yet it's still a decent video machine thanks to its DPAF system. Pair it with a 18-135 STM lens and Canon's own power zoom add-on and you've got a nice setup.
  13. E

Canon EOS 90D and Canon EOS M6 Mark II announcements coming at the end of August

This is spot on. It's very difficult to actually explain why the 7D series is so beloved to someone who has never handled one. There's a very distinct difference between the 80D and the 7DM2. It's not just specs. It feels better and respondes quicker. Everything is exactly where you need it to...
  14. E

It's a step up for 80D users, but 7DM2 owners are a completely different set of buyers. If Canon intend to merge both series they would be wise to call this model by a completely new nomenclature. But they won't, because a 7D Mark III will come out for Tokyo 2020 Olympiad. If it does not, I'll...