Recent content by Eldar

1. Eldar

Industry News: Leica announces the M10 Monochrom

The M10-P and the M10 Monochrom are VERY quiet
  2. Eldar

I believe the only way you can look at these specialized Leica lenses is the way you look at watches. Why pay $25k for an IWC, when you can get a rock solid Seiko for 1/10th of the price? In these cases, you pay for quality, exclusivity and label. It is a bit like buying one of the limited...
  3. Eldar

I have shot Canon since the mid seventies and I still do. However, a few years back I turned my attention away from wildlife, birds and action and more towards portraits, street, travel and more artistic photography. I added a Hasselblad H6D-100c and a Leica M10 to my gear (which I have way too...
  4. Eldar

Black & White

Interesting to see the posts here, where the images primarily are non-Canon. Over the last year I have primarily been using my Leica M10 and the Hasselblad H6D. The main reason is probably that most of my shooting has been slow and often on a tripod. The Leica gear is great for the reasons...
  5. Eldar

Black & White

Glad to see this thread is alive and kicking, with some excellent posts. This is a Swedish grey wolf, looking at me with curiosity. It soon took off to the left and disappeared.
  6. Eldar

Black & White

I am far away from being an expert on processing, so I have to rely on my ability to expose properly. In post processing of B&W images, I primarily play with contrast, clarity and the black and white sliders. On B&W images, you can go a lot further with those 4 than you can with colour...
  7. Eldar

Black & White

He he, Edward ... 69 is not THAT old ;) Early this year I went to Lake Kerkini in northern Greece, where the fantastic dalmatian pelican stays over the winter. This one, looking into the sunset, looks like a bird´s version of Lord Nelson.
  8. Eldar

Black & White

I have not posted much lately, but I am still shooting :) Here is one that might get sensored. On the south-eastern coast of Norway, we have the most incredible rock formations by the sea. Polished through the last ice-age and the constant hammering from the sea.
  9. Eldar

Matte screen. EC-S or EG-S?

You lose some light with the S-screen, compared to a standard screen, so using lenses slower than f/4 becomes a problem in lower light situations. I have not noticed any difference between a 1D body and a 5D body.
  10. Eldar

Black and White Landscapes!

A lot of good ones folks :) This my morning view from my hotel in the Barolo valley in Piemonte, Italy. The mist is called Nebbia, giving the name to the famous Nebbiolo grape, used in the mighty Barolo reds. Leica M10, APO 75mm Summicron f/2.0
  11. Eldar

Canon Rumors is Off to Tanzania

Did you consider a longer lens? In Tanzania I have ended up using a 600/4L IS II with 1.4xIII extender a lot, wheras the 200-400 is the king in most other places.
  12. Eldar

Post your best Europe photos

Budapest. The avenue up to St. Stephen´s Basilica, at 5am.
  13. Eldar

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I have about 5.000 images of these pelicans, so I can bore you to death with them ;) "Hey dude, got a fish to spare?"
  14. Eldar

Show your Bird Portraits

Another one of the Dalmatian Pelican. A fascinating bird, with a lot of attitude and looks to kill.