Recent content by Flamingtree

1. F

Patent: Canon RF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS

I I agree. The 70-300L is great for taking on a trip etc. then something (not obscenely) expensive that gives you 400 to 600 for wildlife would be kind of cool.
  2. F

Tamron to announce two new lenses ahead of CP+ this month

I’m sure it does. When I use it, it makes my 5d4 seem “normal” rather than it’s real scale...
  3. F

Tamron to announce two new lenses ahead of CP+ this month

I love the current Tamron 35mm f1.8. I think it’s the most enjoyable lens I have ever used. This new puppy sound nice.
  4. F

M-Series Hiking Bagpack

Most camera bags are great for carrying your gear to the airport or to a shoot somewhere. Frankly everyone that I have tried is crap for hiking, especially for an all day hike. I would recommend: - A hiking pack from an outdoor store - I have a berghaus one its fantastic. - An insert like the...
  5. F

Sony A99 announced

Thanks. My read of the Sony strategy was to leave fighting canon in the slr market to Nikon (with Sony sensors). good on them for having another crack at the market. It's only good for us consumers.
  6. F

Sony A99 announced

Do these things have the same mount as the a7rII etc? Some pretty great specs (in theory) but needs some good glass to partner it up with. Either way I hope it puts some price pressure on Canon.
  7. F

5DIV price confirmed

That's ok, thanks for that. They have just opened a shop here in Perth, I will have to check it out.
  8. F

5DIV price confirmed

Which shop is that?
  9. F

Canon Announces the EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR

That's some positive news. What's your feeling on kit price with the new 24-105 when it comes out?
  10. F

Canon Announces the EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR

Brutal isn't it. I see on the Aussie site you can only get it with the 24-70 f2.8 in a bundle for pre order. I am no expert but they may have set the price a little high to drum up business down under. I guess time will tell what happens to the price. Like you, it's off my list for the...
  11. F

Patent: Tamron 70-200mm f/4 VC

I have the 35, it's IQ is very nice and VC works well. On my 7D at least the AF is inconsistent. It's really good at close range but up and down at longer distances.
  12. F

15-85 Equivalent on Full Frame

Haha, I only just saw this post!! Let me clarify by mistreat. I like taking shots in the rain, on the rocks on the coast with all the sea spray, when I go hiking I carry the camera over my pack and shoulder on a sling strap - bashing into shrubs etc. I always thought the 15-85 was weather...
  13. F

Show your Bird Portraits

I love the bottom image, the expression is awesome.
  14. F

The Follow-Up to the EOS 5D Mark III Will be Called...... [CR2]

Agreed!! What ever happened to announcement after the 1DX II stared shipping :(
  15. F

15-85 Equivalent on Full Frame

Thank you docsmith for putting the time into your response, this is very good advice. For landscapes I almost exclusively use the 15-85. A good 30% of my shots are around 15mm; There is a cluster around of ~20% on 35mm, which is why I bought the Tamron prime. There is a spike around 85mm...