Recent content by freejay

1. F

Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II Specifications

Possible prices leaked at Nokishita: Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III – $749 Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II – $899
  2. F

The next EOS R system camera gets a mention again [CR1]

Since we're on it: I don't need more megapixels than my R. But I'd like IBIS (esp. for third party lenses) and a little more speed - resulting in higher video frame rates, non-crop 4K, less rolling shutter, faster continuous autofocus, less "black out" - that's more or less it! :)
  3. F

The next EOS R system camera gets a mention again [CR1]

Oh yeah: Everybody is starting to build his or her perfect camera in their minds - and reality will fail them massively... ;-)
  4. F

The Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II is finally on the way

I like my G5X but - auto focus could be better (smaller af point, better in low light) - the EVF is too contrasty for my taste and not bright enough in daylight (yes, I mean the EVF) - it doesn't have picture styles (which the G7X II has) which leaves you with a fixed, too sharp video image...
  5. F

Canon releases firmware v1.1.0 for the EOS R and it’s disappointing

At the last Photokina Canon reps only confirmed continuous shooting in silent mode, no continuous Eye AF. I saw many interviews, I'm pretty sure.
  6. F

Is there an EOS R series camera with an APS-C sensor coming? [CR1]

The M50 was (or is) the best selling mirrorless camera in Asia (or just Japan? I don't remember exactly). They will not drop this line for years.
  7. F

First look: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM Image Quality

Yes maybe. But they could be either cheaper or smaller/lighter.
  8. F

First look: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM Image Quality

That is not possible: This lens design can be done only for RF mount due to its specifications. You can find videos from Canon USA on Youtube about this.
  9. F

Functionality being added to the Canon EOS R soon after release with firmware update

There's cropping in 1080 if you use an APSC lens (EF-S). But that is actually a good (and necessary) thing.
  10. F

Functionality being added to the Canon EOS R soon after release with firmware update

I think it is a good thing that Canon is finally starting to add features via firmware release. Yes, there were some very rare additions of functionality in the past but mostly only (mostly minor) bugfixes were made. This way we can hope to get even more features in the future. They just had to...
  11. F

Canon officially announces 4 new RF lenses, mount adaptors and Speedlite EL-100

It is. Canon USA has a nice list of videos about almost all aspects of the EOS R system:
  12. F

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R system

Shouldn't that be 18.75MP? 30 / 1.6 (Canon's crop factor) = 18.75
  13. F

Don't worry: A lot of photographers will keep their DSLRs and there will be new lenses for this system a long time.
  14. F

This is my new tool!!! No IBIS (sad) but Eye-AF and C-Log! That's a no-brainer for me. :-)
  15. F

Here are the first images and specifications of the Canon EOS R and the new RF mount lenses

I have an idea for the strange left-right button between thump-rest and EVF: I think you will be able to quickly select what the control ring (either on the RF lens or on the EF adapter) is supposed to be doing!