Recent content by GammyKnee

1. GammyKnee

The Updated Canon Rumors Site & Forum Will Launch Sunday Evening (EST)

Looks like the https side of things is broken at the moment for desktop browsers - probably some bad forum / style template paths that need to be updated. I went through all this stuff a while back when I moved server and switched over to https, so I have a lot of sympathy for whoever's doing...
  2. GammyKnee

Could FF mirrorless tempt 'never-mirrorless' FF SLR folks with features?

I'm not fervently against mirrorless, I just think that presently the disadvantages outweigh the advantages for me. The list of features in the opening post don't particularly interest me, except for IBIS which I don't think is necessarily tied to mirrorless. For me, mirrorless has the...
  3. GammyKnee

Gray wall jumping spider on my hand

Drainpipe - absolutely incredible shots. World class.
  4. GammyKnee

Post Your Best Landscapes

I liked the first one, but I like this one much more; the smoother water and absence of rocks let my eyes go straight to the distant shoreline for the payoff. Cracking shot!
  5. GammyKnee

MY dog

Golden hour shot of my boy Biggles last night on the beach. Golden Hour Biggles [5D4_2282] by Paul Roberts, on Flickr
  6. GammyKnee

MY dog

Lovely series of shots there, ahsanford.
  7. GammyKnee

Very nice!
  8. GammyKnee

That's a beauty! How big was the stitched TIFF ????
  9. GammyKnee

Lovely shots R1-7D - particularly like that second one.
  10. GammyKnee

Just a thought I'd throw in - since I'm so fond of our own campervan - you could rent a small camper for your touring adventures. Most of them have automatic transmission, and all give you a bit more flexibility to target the extremes of the day for the better light, not to mention the ability...
  11. GammyKnee

Post your HDR images:

Ordinarily not my taste at all, but in this case it works for me.
  12. GammyKnee

Small world - I grew up in West Yorkshire! Moved to Scotland for uni and never went back. There's no way I'd drive all that way from London; maybe 30 years ago when roads were less congested and in better shape. Far better to get the train or fly to the region you're interested in, then rent a...
  13. GammyKnee

I'm very happy to report that both my knees made it through the whole thing without even a grumble :) I made a small change to how I was doing leg extensions at the gym a while back and they've been great ever since. It just goes to show: if you find the right corrective exercise you can shift...
  14. GammyKnee

Thanks Click and Jack! The route I followed was quite long (17km) but very enjoyable thanks to the perfect combo of sun and a cooling breeze. The best thing was that although Arran as a whole was mobbed (bank holiday coinciding with whisky and cycling festival), the less popular routes like...
  15. GammyKnee

Some shots from my walk up Cir Mhor on the Isle of Arran at the weekend. 1. View from Cir Mhor [5D4_1295] by Paul Roberts, on Flickr 2. Shadow of Cir Mhor on Goatfell [5D4_1305] by Paul Roberts, on Flickr 3. Sunset from Cir Mhor [5D4_1360] by Paul Roberts, on Flickr