Recent content by Grimbald

1. G

Deal: Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM 1.4x $8799 (Reg $10999)

I had this lens rented for a few days, what a beast. Amazing performance and brilliant optics nevertheless. But just way to expensive for the few times I’d use it.
  2. G

Stock Notice: Tamron 35-150mm F/2.8-4 Di VC OSD at Adorama

Sooo I picked the lens up today after seeing Justin Abbott’s review. Since I mostly shoot landscape, I care primarily about it’s optical performance and weather sealing. It does seem to be a nice companion for harder hikes, in addition to a wideangel. On the plus side, I can leave both my 24-70...
  3. G

Rumored Canon EOS M6 Mark II specifications [CR1]

Well those specs would be awesome! Regardless if one is interested or not in the M or D90 line, the specs and hopefully new sensor tech will give an indication what will be coming in the new full frame bodies.
  4. G

We think it’s almost a sure thing Canon will announce a pro EOS R body in 2020

I just hope they bring something to compete against the D850.... Still a near perfect camera in my eyes, even after 2 years. They way I know Canon though, I wouldn't be surprised if they released a MP Monster with bad low light capabilites and an extremly expensive 1D version with high frame...
  5. G

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

That's such an important point that gets often neglected for many outdoor photographers. Such cameras look nice on paper and in a review, but resistance and durability barely ever get tested or even mentioned. I've dropped my 5d mark iv on rocks and in the mud and it still works perfectly. Those...
  6. G

Industry News: Major Sony photography announcement July 16, 2019 at 10AM ET

Hmm, 15 stop DR is nice but not a huge step from 14.6/7 or what ever the 3RIII has. I’m also not so hyped about the 61MP, as this means probably worse low light performance and longer processing work (one raw file is 120MB!) Probably though a nice thing for birds or sport with the 10shots/sec...
  7. G

When to switch from EF to RF ?

I had similar thoughts, especially for a super wide angel lens. Nevertheless I bought the 11-24 just very recently for a very good price (1900USD) for the following reasons: - I expect full compatibility with the RF mount anyway once the release their pro version with an adapter, so the glass is...
  8. G

Canon appears to have confirmed IBIS is on the roadmap

For both of those reason. A "5dsr like" camera will be great for landscapes because of its resolution and the possibilty to crop in, but many landscape shooters like to take milkyway and aurora pictures as well. And most likely, you just won't carry 2 bodies up a mountain, so Canon hopefully...
  9. G

Canon appears to have confirmed IBIS is on the roadmap

I expect a very capable camera to come for around 3000-3500$. As CR posted a few weeks ago, Canon is aware that the low entry market shrinks due to better mobile phone cameras. They expect to make money in the professional and high end sector, which I assume they will focus on in the future. For...
  10. G

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

I own both a 6d and 5d Mark IV and the dynamic range benefit of 1.5 EV is something that I highly appreciate/need for "hard to bracket" landscapes or for timelapses. There is not too much to complain about with the 5d Mark IV sensor, as I find it's DR fairly capable to do almost everything I've...
  11. G

Canon EOS R body with more than 75mp on the horizon [CR2]

Have you ever heard of the concept of time? The 6d sensor is for todays standard not good anymore, but by the time it was released it was great. If you release a sensor that's about the same in terms of DR range 5 years later than yes, it's a crippled sensor. Obviously every sensor of every...
  12. G

No but the 6d Mark II. Or do you think that the 6d Mark II sensor is great in terms of DR?
  13. G

How about a camera with a similar DR as your 5 year old predecessor? *Points at 6d mark II* I'd rather have 50 or 55 MP, but better image quality at high ISO and DR. But maybe that's were they're heading with the EOS R/5d instead -> Since the 5DSR equivalent gets a huge increase in MP, the 5d...
  14. G

Maybe the 14-21 f1.4? Or a 11-24 f2.8? With all the fantastic lenses that Canon has, I've always felt that they could do a bit better with their super wide angle selection. They did a great job with the 16-35 III but they sort of lack a 14-24 (such as Sigma or Nikons great choices) and a...
  15. G

Versatil (Carry-On) backpack with insert system

Hi I was wondering if anybody has a good input for me in terms of backpacks. I'm looking for sth I can bring into an airplane (size) that can hold at least the following things: 6d+5d, 70-200 F2.8, 14mm f1.8, 15-30mm f2.8 and a 24-70 f2.8 as well as an extender, a 15" Laptop and alot of small...