Recent content by grinbo

1. G

Canon 5D mark IV. Internal microphone problem?

Hello. Yesterday I went to a concert and did some video records. I've record sound on internal microphone. And everything was fine until one moment.At the half of one song sound went bad. I've uploaded the part of the video here (bad sound from 23 second) ...
  2. G

Canon 5D mark IV + EF 35 mm F/1.4L II USM autofocus problems

I've received my lens and camera back. As CPS said, they calibrate autofocus for my couple camera + lens. I've test lens again using Focal software. Result is more stable but not ideal. For my feelings in real (life) using result is same as before calibration. If I focus from infinity is more...
  3. G

Canon 35 mm F1.4L II USM. Strange sound inside. Bad copy?

"Just send it back for a replacement" .. the process is not so easy as you think. I've sent it to CPS for quality control about this problems. I've spent extra 300$ for DHL delivery to them. One week later I received the answer: "It is normal for this lens." , "all works in Canon...
  4. G

Another few words about play focus ring. I've read lensrental blog article about teardown the lens. Focus ring inside must have felt ring (attach the jpg file).I've not disassembled the ring, but I think our "clank" copies haven't this ring.
  5. G

Canon 5D mark IV after CPS...

I've email CPS about the issues. Answer is: 1. About black thing: it is marker point after installing C-LOG. They said: "it is manufacturer recommendation"... strange. 2. About screws: when the device come to them for warranty repair or diagnostics they ALWAYS disassembly device to check for...
  6. G

I asked them about service procedures (before i found the issues), but asnwer was: diagnostics and autofocus calibration. Nothing else... I'll call them again.
  7. G

Hello everyone. Two days ago i've received my camera from CPS after autofocus calibration. But strange things: First - it is clear that some screws were unscrewed. Second - on the contact for battery grip: Any ideas what is it? And why? Is autofocus calibration process required disassembly...
  8. G

Canon 5D mark IV after CPS

Hello everyone. Two days ago i've received my camera from CPS after autofocus calibration. But strange things: First - it is clear that some screws were unscrewed. Second - on the contact for battery grip: Any ideas what is it? And why? Is autofocus calibration process required disassembly...
  9. G

3 weeks ago i've sent my lens to CPS for checking this problems. Today, i've received the lens back. Answer of repaire center - all works fine and sound inside and play of focus ring is NORMAL for this lens...
  10. G

I made a decision. Today i've sent lens and camera to Russia CPS center in Moscow. If it not help me, i'll go to mirrorless. And may be not Canon...
  11. G

I'm using auto settings for shutter speed (AV) as Focal recommend. I'm not change any settings in camera. I've tested it at evening using simple room light on the ceiling. I will next test it using daylight from window :) Thank you for your review of my results.
  12. G

Hello. I have solid tripod, but on carpet. I don't think that it helps me to improve my result, but i'll try... It is my first lens with f/1.4.I've used max 2.8 before it. And haven't big problems like this.
  13. G

I'm also think to go to mirrorless. :) For testing i'm using Reikan Focal software. It defocus lens for eacy shot. I can configure it. And my result is 2 of 10 - bad focusing. A attach results to this message. I've read a lot articles about autofocus colibration. In most of them authors told...
  14. G

I have a question about autofocus in 5DM4. I mean not LiveView focusing. I have problem with refocusing during session of shots. In LifeView the lens focus perfectly. My test step: I put the camera on tripod -> focusin on really contrast image (test chart by Focal) using central focusing dot...
  15. G

Canon 35 mm F1.4L II USM. Testing for decentered/tilt

I continue test my lens. I've read https://www.canonrumors.com/tech-articles/how-to-test-a-lens/ article about testing. I've never tested lenses before in this way. I haven't any good printed charts for it, but i've used infinity object to test. I have attached the results. As i can see on...