Recent content by hachu21

1. H

The Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II is finally on the way

How long will last the G series? In the light of the contracting market described by Canon themselves, I wonder if there will still be an "enthusiast compact" segment in the near future...
  2. H

The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III seems to be getting closer

Raw over wifi is painfully slow. If you need it, grab a micro sd reader and the USB OTG cable you need to plug it directly to your phone. It worked flawlessly for me while on a long trip without pc for backup. I saved everything on my android phone (1 copy on the phone SD card and 1 copy saved...
  3. H

M6 mark II and M5 mark II

I want touch and drag focus on the M6 mkII !
  4. H

Birding With An M6

Thank for your reply Alan. I saw that the softness was an issue. I know what I can get from the M6 sensor when I crop from the 22mm at F/8. But I found some samples on the web where the 55-200 is sharper. Maybe I have a rather bad copy. On those cheaper lenses, copy to copy variations can be high.
  5. H

Birding With An M6

I recently bought an M6+EVF+55-200 at a great price. Coming from an eos M1, the ergonomic improvement is dramatic. The 55-200 is my very first long lense, so I tried to shoot some birds of prey not far from home. As a total newbie, the results were… bad. Well, the 200mm was real short for the...
  6. H

Patent: Canon Image Sensor Stabilization

Do we have enough feedback on how those IBIS behave with time? I mean, does a floating sensor whistand 10 years+ of normal use? It seems that the floating elements can be a weak point on some lenses. Am I right? I know it's totally old fashionned to think about long term usability, but it's how...
  7. H

Canon PowerShot SX70 HS officially announced

if you add the "not-so-crazy" idea to see a Canon-built 1" sensor, the next G7X could be a great one! (DPAF+EOS UI)
  8. H

Canon PowerShot SX70 HS officially announced

Wait, what?? Just ONE card slot? Seriously??
  9. H

Breaking down the latest Canon gear to appear for certification

the EF/EF-S ecosystem comes from a time where the market was very different. Canon made the choice to drop the in-brand compatibility between APSC and FF system, AKA "the upgrade path". I understand it can bother some. But you have to think about the main benefit : - the smaller mount allow for...
  10. H

Is the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II Discontinued?

You'll have to wait for a G5X MkII...
  11. H

Announced: #LiveIRL With Canon U.S.A.’s New IVY Mini Photo Printer

Re: Announced: #LiveIRL With Canon U.S.A.'s New IVY Mini Photo Printer Another thing that a smartphone can do that a proper camera cannot. For thoses who like this concept, there's an interesting ousider : Photobee. It brings the print quality and toughness of the selphy CP's (dye sublimation)...
  12. H

Canon wants a 50% marketshare

Soooo... Now we can be pretty sure that the whole Canon FF mirorless strategy in on track, with the first bodies alredy defined or in the testing phase... The release period are planned, and could be within one year from now. THIS could be the real reason behind the mild upgrade of the 5D4 and...
  13. H

Canon EF-M 32mm f/1.4 Coming for Photokina [CR2/CR3]

22mm => 35mm equivalent field of view 32mm => 50mm equivalent field of view As primes both have their own use-cases.
  14. H

I agree a 50mm really pancake seem difficult, but Something more like the EF 40mm f/2.8 is maybe possible? As you pointed out, some designs are jumping from one mount to another. We didn't see little brothers for this 40mm yet. maybe a jump from FF to APSC is not that simple.
  15. H

Actual EF-M line : - 5 Zooms - Only 2 primes - All 7 lenses are under 300g. (The sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC HSM ART is 435g.) - Only 1 is non-stabilized : the smallest one (22 pancake). - All 7 lenses are STM type Knowing Canon, they will stick to their product familly philosophy : Small, light and...