Recent content by HarryFilm

1. H

Cinematic Image Reimagined: Introducing Sumire Prime Lenses From Canon

My suggest is to goto Duclos Lenses and get on their Cine-Mod program where you can get photographic lenses such as the SUPER SHARP Zeiss Otus or Sigma Arts series STILL photo lenses turned into real cinema housings which will fit on Super-35 systems (i.e. C200, C300mk2, etc)...
  2. H

Canon executives say a lot more coming in 2019

The KEY thing is to present ALL your productions on a decent display (i.e. 4K Laser Projector or OLED at 60 fps), and during editing increase the contrast, use actual lens filters and judiciously use lens flares. I say that you can make ANY footage cinematic by using low and high angles, pans...
  3. H

I'm pretty sure Canon is using NEW optical formulas and glass compositions to ensure compatability with DCI 8K (8192 by 4320) pixel imaging which means you need a SHARPER LENS than what was/is on the Canon CN-E line-up. This means that the Canon C300 Mk3 PROBABLY is getting a new 6K and/or 8K...
  4. H

Oh well.... They're at least a LOT CHEAPER than a set of Leitz Summilux-C where you're getting into the $260,000 U.S. range. Arri/Zeiss Master Primes are also getting up there into the $220,000 U.S. range! I would say these are probably quite comparable to Schneider-Kreuznach Cine-Xenar-3 set...
  5. H

Canon Introduces Two New UHDgc 2/3-Inch Portable Zoom Lenses Designed For 4K UHD Broadcast Cameras

That Canon is $70,200 at B&H which is still pretty good for a high end zoom lens. It's T5.0 to T8.9 so it ain't a FAST lens but in this case, who cares when you more need the variable distance and long reach for mostly sports, fast action and wildlife shots...
  6. H

Feature update announcements coming to the Canon EOS R and Canon Cinema EOS C200 ahead of NAB

-- The specific reason for RAW IMAGERY is colour grading (i.e. colour correction) and luminance recovery (turn dark shots brighter!). With raw imagery at a specific bit-width be it 24-bit RGB/YCbCr (8 bits per colour channel), 30-bit colour (10 bits per colour channel) or even 48-bit colour...
  7. H

The future of the Canon EOS-1D X series [CR1]

--- I have a much better idea... Why don't you admit that I am utterly Bat S&*^ CRAAAAAAZY and that CanonRumors is my forum for expressing my perturbed musings at a society that is insane, if not outright odious! After that personal admission from you, I will forgive you for your personal...
  8. H

=== Well! Evidently there seems to be a difference between various experiences in terms of regionality and age. Many contemporaries HERE (in Pacific Northwest region of North America) speak of One Click = One Mile. There may even be town-to-town differences but I as of yet haven't noticed that...
  9. H

and this "Tick" has FEASTED MIGHTILY here! Anyways..... Canon is DOOOOOOOOOOMED I tell you! UTERLY DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED !!!! Canon is about to be eaten for lunch camera-wise and smartphone-wise! Their low end is going to be OBLITERATED by 2/3rd inch and one inch sensor equipped smartphones and...
  10. H

--- In the Military, this is technically true as One Klick is truly around 0.6 Miles (one KM!) but the COLLOQUIAL expression for OLD-than-millennials for many American/Canadian persons is that One Click is One Mile (I use "C" rather than the common "K" within the term expression Click). This is...
  11. H

--- OK THEN! How about talking about an XXL version of the Canon 1Dx Mk4 with 6144 pixel by 4096 3:2 aspect ratio 70mm Sensor (25.1 Megapixels!) with the 11.3 micron sensor sites shooting 14-bits per colour channel that have the INCREDIBLY sensitive ISO 819200 setting for the ULTIMATE Sony...
  12. H

--- North Shore Rescue MIGHT get you the pizza AFTER the average unprepared idiot climbs the other side of Grouse Mountain or Cypress Bowl and finds themselves in terrain they have no clue about. 140+ rescue calls in one year shows how DUMB people are when it comes to rugged terrain. The back...
  13. H

--- Beg to differ on that! Our local group does it every other week. My friends do it literally every other day but, of course, they have unusual, specialty jobs! Perhaps you need a refresher on mountaineering and long distance expedition travel! 100 to 120 lbs packs over 30 kms is quite NORMAL...
  14. H

--- A sticky spray-on silicone-rubber-like material similar to caulking was used to cover the entire foot that peeled off at the end of every day yet was porous to sweat. It "cured" in less than three minutes when exposed to air and prevented the blisters and rub-off you typically get on the...
  15. H

We do THIS TERRAIN (New Hazelton BC in Winter) !!! I took that photo when we started out! We made it up around 2/3rds of the way up the left-side ridge but had to turn back due to a team member injury. I think I still have VIDEO footage of that climb. It's serious ice and snow climbing...