Recent content by HarryFilm

1. H

Preorder: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III with bonuses and a giveaway

Hmmmmm... We have multiple 50.3 megapixel 16-bits-per-channel MF cameras sitting around and YET the bosses still pre-order TEN of the 1Dx3's --- I guess that means Canon STILL makes great cameras! Congratulations to Canon, bacause from what I've seen from online hand-on videos so far, it looks...
  2. H

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III

Good on Canon! I always liked the 1Dx2's and even though we have other in-house MF cameras now, we'll still have pre-ordered 10 of the 1Dx3's by next week BUT I still note I see NOTHING for 65mm Medium Format Sensors at 50.3 megapixels and 16-bits per colour channel YET! Hmmmmmm..... Better get...
  3. H

What surprises does Canon still have in store for the EOS-1D X Mark III?

--- Since MOST cameras are actually pretty good these days, it's now up to the printers themselves, where almost ALL now have great error-diffusion based rendering. We have 48 inch wide Epson, Canon and OCE (a division of Canon) to do our large screen prints. At 2400 DPI that is about 600 lines...
  4. H

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III appears on latest product list

Let's just say that you need to wait until the new year just a tad few days after CES 2020 when something BIG is coming ... IT IS NOT OUR 50.3 megapixel MF camera which is coming later...but rather a "VERY VERY INTERESTING RUMOUR" which I haven't yet confirmed yet with certain Asian "engineering...
  5. H

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III appears on latest product list

2020 is THE ULTIMATE YEAR where everything is coming all at once for your stills photography and videography desires. Big Lenses, Bigger Sensors and a Fusion of Stills/Video Camera Bodies! Super-Smartphones with APS-C and 2/3rd Inch Sensors. And cameras with built-in Hi-Res IR (Infrared) and UV...
  6. H

...actually... WE own the satellites -- Five of them to be exact !!! .
  7. H

--- Naaaahh !!! I've got TONS more MALARKEY to expunge onto CanonRumors before April 1st, 2020! My verbal diarrhea is THE benchmark by which to measure vestigal verbal vomit! If you can't see it here, you won't see it ANYWHERE ELSE !!! I AM HARRYFILM !!!!! --- AND....you heard it and saw it...
  8. H

=== I don't have to worry about speed, as OUR custom designed and coded Fractal Resizer is the FASTEST in the world using 8 CPU cores (16 threads on an AMD Threadripper) and can resample a low resolution 4096 by 2160 pixel VIDEO FRAME from a higher end video camera up to as much as 65,556 by...
  9. H

Announcement details on the 1DX Mark III

I came from an industrial shoot and haven't finished cleaning the cameras yet. They go through a 99% IsoPropyl Alcohol cleaning on the outside and specialized ultrasonic cleaning chamber for the sensor and interior of body. (we open up the bodies if necessary -- we've got the specialty equipment...
  10. H

It's a test bench and workshop. What do you expect would be there? Canon's Sony A7s3 competitor?! ;-) :) .
  11. H

Here's a BiiiiiiiiiiiiiG Hint !!!!! What is TRUE HAPPINESS ??? It's coming REAL SOON NOW !!!!!!! .. See photo below:
  12. H

--- and MAYBE you are in fact CORRECT that it MIGHT be a large sensor (i.e. greater than Full Frame) camera !!! Anyways, if it IS a large sensor camera, then DO fix the low-light noise issues. I'd rather have 20-to-24 megapixels with large, super-low-light sensitive photosites on my sensors...
  13. H

I've been able to get GREAT high quality 36 by 24 inch prints from EIGHT megapixel cameras! The KEY is to first edit, crop, colour correct, unsharp mask FIRST, and THEN use a FRACTAL RESIZER to resample your original image to about 4x the original pixel count (i.e. 32 megapixels) and then print...
  14. H

From what I understand and have been told, the new MF "65mm-series" lenses will be 15% to 25% more in price across the board than competing "Luxury" series full frame lenses. There will be NO cheaper "Kit Lenses" for this range of camera. It will be ALL-PRO, ALL THE TIME in terms of available...
  15. H

What Canon NEEDS TO DO is to provide a camera that can take SEVERE lighting situations and Let Loose the Dogs of Noise (i.e. remove noise from low light shots!) I have some photos below taken with a very low end camera! YES! The photos are basically crap in terms of light gathering power and...