Recent content by HarryFilm

1. H

A bit more about the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III [CR2]

If you want REAL power to your camera, get an adapter or make on yourself (our engineers did that for the 1DxMk2's! which use NP-1b camcorder battery types used on the BIG TV NEWS CAMCORDERS. see below...
  2. H

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III rumoured specifications [CR1]

There is NOTHING WRONG with the Canon EOS 1Dx Mk2 !!! It is an EXCELLENT camera! I've shot lots of F1, skiing and Football (Soccer!) with it. With decent prime lenses and good lighting, there is nothing you cannot get with this camera! What IS missing from it however is SHUTTER NOISE REDUCTION...
  3. H

The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is coming in 2020

--- Hmmmmm..... !!!! You DO KNOW I'm being sarcastic right? I do know MOST people would NOT do what I have suggested! I have actually used the C700 FF for my soccer/hockey games and after-work-hours funtime MANY TIMES just for such type of 60 fps burst rate 18 megapixel still image...
  4. H

The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is coming in 2020

--- Within the last week, the specs for a 60 FPS BURST RATE 18.6 megapixel (5952 x 3140) Canon Full Frame camera came out which could solve ALL your fast action issues. It's a tad expensive BUT the Canon C500 Mk2 Cinema Camera is the PERFECT size and weight for your football (soccer), hockey...
  5. H

The impact of Large Sensor Super-Smartphones on Low-end to Mid-range Photography

--- You are indeed CORRECT that very fat smartphones will NOT be popular! As I stated earlier, some basic research being done by certain manufacturers have indicated that 15mm (1.5 cm or a little over half an inch) is about the phone thickness limit for MOST consumers. In terms of the focal...
  6. H

The impact of Large Sensor Super-Smartphones on Low-end to Mid-range Photography

Unfortunately, this smartphone I was using has a "Digital Macro" function which FAKES the closeup look by doing a 2x digital zoom and oversharpening the image. You STILL have to be at least 15cm away to get decent focus. --- NOW....if the super-smartphone HAD a built-in 35mm lens and an APS-C...
  7. H

--- Perhaps these next smartphone images MIGHT persuade you that a more industrial look is in order when displaying the imaging abilities of a six year old smartphone! Do these work for you as being worthwhile photos? .
  8. H

--- Technically, many of those photos wee taken at between 6 inches (15 cm) to 30 cm (1 foot) away, so they can be considered MACRO photography. For a 2013 era smartphone, they're not bad at all! The colours are a little too saturated for my taste but on a general basis I can see some detail...
  9. H

Here are MY examples of Macro photos taken on a 2013-era Nokia 1520 smartphone. IMAGINE how much BETTER they would be if I had an APS-C sensor and Computational Photography software built-in to a NEW smartphone! You need to PIXEL PEEP these photos by zooming-in FULL size to see that modern...
  10. H

Within the past two years, I have espoused a new breed of photographic systems that stand poised to nearly take over the entire low-end to medium range photography "business". There actually IS a magical "Island of Stability" for sensor sizes that both fit the width and height dimensions AND the...
  11. H

Canon’s New DP-V3120 4K Reference Display Delivers Unprecedented HDR Capabilities

We have four of the older Canon OLED models which have absolutely rock solid 10-bit HDR colour stability. What you see is what you get from the camera itself. If you shoot FULL RAW 10 bits per channel at up to 60 fps then this display is for you when you are doing your colour grading and final...
  12. H

Why has Canon omitted 24p 4K recording in their new cameras such as the EOS M6 Mark II, EOS 90D and EOS RP?

-- We create custom 360 degree surround-view video recording software and hardware systems for portable and full-scale live touchscreen control of Tier-4 HALE (High Altitude, Long Endurance) surveillance and combat drones (300,000ft+), High orbit long-endurance Spacecraft and both remotely...
  13. H

Why has Canon omitted 24p 4K recording in their new cameras such as the EOS M6 Mark II, EOS 90D and EOS RP?

--- YES! If you follow COMMON and ACCEPTED Hollywood analogue cinematic techniques with regards to lighting, camera movement, focus/bokeh, colour saturation, contrast ratio, lens choice, etc. your 60 fps or even 1000 fps footage WILL LOOK CINEMATIC !!! --- To get around that common pixel...
  14. H

Canon officially announces the Cinema EOS C500 Mark II

Meh! Don't get me wrong this is a DECENT camera (We have 40+ of the both the Global Shutter C700's and C700 FF's and who knows how many C300 Mk2's -- probably up to 60 of them now! -- so I know it's gonna be good!) ....BUT.... they didn't go far enough! When a DCI 8K (8192 by 4320 pixels)...
  15. H

NO! NO! NO! I am HarryFilm --- NO ONE ELSE --- .... AND ..... --- I --- AM --- CANADIAN --- living in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada !!!!!!!!! He is probably NOT !!! .. BUT.... I do have friends and contacts VERY HIGH UP ON THE TOTEM POLES in the Aerospace, Intelligence...