Recent content by hkenneth

1. H

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

The waste of space of the on/off switch is making me crazy. Why not put an ISO dial over there...
  2. H

Canon thinks the camera market will drop by another 50% over the next two years

For wireless connection interface on Canon's DSLR is terrible to say the least. It's working half the time and it's painful to work with when it's working.
  3. H

As many as 7 new RF lenses coming in 2019 [CR2]

YKN JonSnow
  4. H

Sigma Unveils Five New Global Vision Lenses

Yeah, based on the MTF, 60-600 at 600 performance is very close to 150-600 once aperture is F/8, although at max aperture, it appears to be softer than 150-600.
  5. H

Sigma Unveils Five New Global Vision Lenses

Side by side comparisons of the MTF:
  6. H

Specifications for the 5 upcoming Sigma lenses have leaked

I can see that it will appeal to wildlife scientists. I have zoologist friends who bought Canon 28-300 L, and you also have BBC order this from Canon:https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1086799-REG/canon_0438c001_cine_servo_50_1000mm_t5_0_8_9_with.html
  7. H

Specifications for the 5 upcoming Sigma lenses have leaked

The "mediocre" 150-600 allows you to do handhold wildlife shooting for hours. That's very action oriented for me.
  8. H

Sigma to announce 5 new lenses shortly, including a new 70-200mm f/2.8 OS Sport & 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 OS Sport

As far as I know, Canon have never licensed their EF mount to any third party manufacturers. Sigma reverse engineered the EF mount.
  9. H

Sigma to announce 5 new lenses shortly, including a new 70-200mm f/2.8 OS Sport & 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 OS Sport

Have to say that 60-600 is a beautiful looking lens. I am curious about its performance.
  10. H

Canon Will Announce Their First Full Frame Mirrorless in 2018 [CR3]

I actually prefer FF body for taking photos of birds. Birds are most active before sunrise and right before sunset and a FF body allows me to take pictures at ISO1000-2000 with very good noise control. This picture was taken at 7:41 pm at ISO1600. Right before sunset, birds often allow me to...
  11. H

Two New Lenses Coming From Canon Next Week [CR3]

For me personally, 70-200 might be the least interesting zoom range.
  12. H

Yongnuo Announces the YONGNUO YN50mm F1.8 II, With Super Bokeh Effect

Please, dont make us google all formulas for you. YN 14MM Canon 14mm
  13. H

Patent: In Camera Focus Stacking and Image Stabilization

That would be a bless for macro photographers.
  14. H

Nikon Confirms New Mirrorless System Coming in Early 2019, What About Canon?

I would have little interest in a FF mirrorless if it's not compatible with the EF mount.