Recent content by Ian_of_glos

1. I

Groundswell?

Oh no - another "mirrorless is going to replace DSLRs" post. Isn't this getting rather boring? Do you ever actually practise photography or do you just prefer to make fun of people who do?
  2. I

Will dSLR's be sustained only by nostalgia?

This is a very good summary and I think it reflects the way that many of us feel about the DLSR vs mirrorless debate. For the record, in my opinion the EVFs on the recent Sony and Canon mirrorless cameras are very good, but even so I still prefer an OVF if it is available. However I have one...
  3. I

Will dSLR's be sustained only by nostalgia?

It is always interesting to see the reasons why other photographers have switched from DSLRs to mirrorless cameras. However, for me there is no sense of nostalgia about using a DSLR and the reasons why have not switched are all financial. I have already spent a significant amount of money on...
  4. I

EDIT. I really like OLY OMD cameras as well as my Canon gear.

If I love my big Canon's and Nikon's what? It doesn't make sense.
  5. I

Advice required on downsizing gear

Is the problem here that your 6D mk2 with any one of your lenses mounted is too big and heavy or is it that you feel obliged to carry all your lenses with you whenever you go out? A few years ago I used to take 3 or 4 lenses with me every time I went out shooting and yes it was very tiring...
  6. I

5Ds Mark II and hate for mirrorless

Buying a faster lens is something I have considered many times, but what makes me hesitate is the size, weight and cost of fast telephoto primes. My preferred lens is the Canon 400mm F2.8. The problem is that it costs £11,000 and weighs almost 3Kg. Also I would lose the flexibility of my 100-400...
  7. I

Jack - what was your primary reason for switching to the M6 mk2? Like you I am using a 5D mk4 to take sports pictures, often in very poor light. The lens I am using is a 100-400 F4.6-5.6L mk2 I do not have any focussing problems with this combination even when the light is very bad. Frequently I...
  8. I

That is probably very true, but there needs to be a decisive factor that makes us go to the trouble and expense of replacing our existing DSLRs and lenses with the mirrorless equivalents. At the moment I am happy with my 5D mk4 and underwhelmed with Canon's mirrorless offerings. The choice...
  9. I

Canon EOS R “One YEAR Later” REVIEW…does it hold up?

This is perplexing. If the 5D mk4 is better than the EOS R by all measures then why do you prefer to use the EOS R? Are you saying that the difference in size is so significant that it outweighs all other considerations? Which lens do you use on the EOS R? Most of the EOS R lenses I have seen...
  10. I

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

That is a really good point - but what if the 5D mk5 never arrives? Or if there is a 5D mk 5 but it is only 8fps?
  11. I

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

Thank you. That is what I will do, but do you think I will miss anything because it is not is full frame sensor?
  12. I

Sorry, what I meant was I was thinking about trading in my 5D mk3 for the 90D. There is no way that I would ever want to sell my 5D mk4
  13. I

Please would one of you camera gurus provide me with some advice. At the moment my main camera is a 5D mk4, and I also have a 5D mk3 that I kept as a spare body when I bought the mk4. In practice I hardly ever use my 5D mk3 as the mk4 is always my first choice for studio work and all other...
  14. I

Adobe Reports Record Q2 Revenue

Let's say for arguments sake I had taken out a subscription in 2016, and I had been receiving updates ever since. Then, due to my own financial circumstance I decide that I must now cut back and I can no longer afford the subscription, even though it is only £10 per month. I use Lightroom a lot...
  15. I

Adobe Reports Record Q2 Revenue

Adobe gross profit for the quarter ending May 31, 2019 was $2.337B, a 22.09% increase year-over-year. Adobe gross profit for the twelve months ending May 31, 2019 was $8.641B, a 22.61% increase year-over-year. Adobe annual gross profit for 2018 was $7.835B, a 24.54% increase from 2017. Adobe...