Recent content by IslanderMV

1. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

Black Skimmers return to nest.
  2. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

A fearless male Piping Plover posed for a few closeups in afternoon light.
  3. IslanderMV

Creatures from the ocean!

Ran into this young seal while birding. Just sunning by the bay.
  4. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

Birds are starting to reappear in my area ! - Here is an American Oystercatcher too busy eating lunch to see me at first. Once he notices me, it gave me the death stare.
  5. IslanderMV

Seashore, Beaches and Harbours

Here are a few from Oak Bluffs upper harbor and steamship dock. The pano was for fun - original is 20,000 pixels.
  6. IslanderMV

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

American Oystercatcher ( 7D, 150-600mm Sigma C ). Summer birds just starting to show up !
  7. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

Sanderling on a rock. Had good light and an ocean background.
  8. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

Great cover ! I think it is time to start a Kickstarter campaign. Get that baby into production ! ( I can't sew and none of my fellow birders can.)
  9. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

10. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

In one earlier post someone was asking for an id . Thought it might be a Dunlin. I shot a small flock Dunlin about a week ago.
  11. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

American Black Duck. Usually very shy as they are hunted around here.Took a minute to figure why she was so preoccupied. She was drinking from a wide fan of fresh water from a spring that empties into a brackish tidal pond.
  12. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

Eastern Bluebird. Stumbled onto a small flock of Bluebirds in the woods- followed them around for quite a bit. Finally got the shot I was looking for
  13. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

Have not visited "Rumors" in a while. Spent some marveling at the quality of the pictures and the diversity of birds. Quite a treat ! My area is an avian dead zone at the moment. Everyone around here is saying - what happened to all the birds ? Apparently they are visiting you all. I will post...
  14. IslanderMV

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

The Turkey Vulture gets no love. Here are two shots of this amazing species. Evolution has perfectly adapted them for their crucial role in the wild.
  15. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

Closeups of a Goldeneye munching on a crab. Shows some interesting anatomical details.