Recent content by jeffa4444

1. jeffa4444

Firmware: Canon EOS R v1.4.0, this is a major firmware update (Update: Firmware removed)

They need to fix the black-out lag. Its almost unusable as a portrait camera
  2. jeffa4444

85mm f/1.2L II or 85mm f/1.4L IS?

I know this is an old story. I purchased the EF 85mm f1.4L IS USM and shot with in on Saturday along with the EF 85mm f1.2L II. Its so much better at focusing and that image stabiliser really improves the keeper rate when shooting with models. The bokeh is different to the f1.2L but still a...
  3. jeffa4444

Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM sample gallery

So glad I didn't read these reviews and simply bought the RF 24-240mm. I shot over 200 shots with it at Stowe Gardens last weekend and I have to say I was very pleased with the results used with my EOS R. Sure you have to keep in mind its a £ 899.00 lens and being a 10-1 will always be a bit of...
  4. jeffa4444

Canon EOS R “One YEAR Later” REVIEW…does it hold up?

Just shows were all different. When I do portraits in the studio I much prefer the 5DS than the EOS R. So many things about the EOS R annoy me, I disabled the touch-bar, I dislike the touch screen for moving focus-points, I dont like the freeze between taking shots it ruins the flow when working...
  5. jeffa4444

Canon to announce EOS-1D X equivalent EOS R system camera in 2021?

I would seriously consider not switching from the 5D IV to the EOS R. The EOS R has limitations that the 5D MKIV simply doesnt have. Aside from the one card slot it has infuriating aspects like the pointless touch bar, the touch screen that moves the focus point if your nose touches. The lack of...
  6. jeffa4444

We think it’s almost a sure thing Canon will announce a pro EOS R body in 2020

The clock is ticking for Canon. We rent Canon, Nikon & Sony still / video cameras through one of our business units that has two offices in the UK, one in Paris & one in Cape Town. Our customers are predominately in two areas, fashion and food. Canon is still the leader but this leadership is...
  7. jeffa4444

The Canon EOS M5 Mark II and Canon EOS M6 Mark II are on the way [CR1]

I kinda agree that the EF-S has become redundant. The RP entry price is quite low and all the RF lenses so far are superior to their EF counter-parts. Better that Canon concentrates on the M lenses and upscales the high end cameras to give a successor to the 7D MKII. Still if the rumours are...
  8. jeffa4444

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

Time will tell........
  9. jeffa4444

IBIS is coming to select next generation Canon DSLRs [CR2]

I find that if my nose touches the screen the focus moves its very annoying. I usually disable drag focus. The directional keys are slower to use than a joystick which has greater finesse. My main camera is the 5DS and the EOS R is the only Canon camera in 40 plus years that irritates me. The...
  10. jeffa4444

Wrong. Sony bought into Olympus (its now exited most of its holding) and uses a system similar to Olympus.
  11. jeffa4444

I have the 6D and the 6D MKII, I also have the EOS R. In my mind the EOS R is the R series version of the 6D MKII. Whilst it may have an almost identical sensor to the 5D MKIV its no 5D camera the biggest issue being lack of joystick and the feeble joypad (don't get me onto the crap rear screen...
  12. jeffa4444

If indeed true then in order to satisfy 7D MKII owners it will at least have to equal and better its features. i.e. high frame rate of at least 10 fps, fully weather sealed, twin card slots, joy stick. Or alternatively have a 7D MKII replacement in the R series whilst maintaining the 90D in...
  13. jeffa4444

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

Never had a single SD card failure in over 20 years. Sony Tough SD cards are the way to go.
  14. jeffa4444

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

I know the weaknesses of my 5DS (its very noisy in low light) but equally I know its strengths and packaging & menus is high on the list, and I simply love the resolution I can play with. Likewise with the 6D MKII which is my "go to" landscape camera it serves the purpose well I use it for. Ive...