Recent content by jmeyer

1. jmeyer

Show your Bird Portraits

This Snowy Owl has been hanging around the airport for a little over a month, but has been hard to locate. Saturday morning, she was sitting in the grass, near the road. Doesn't get much better for a view of an owl! 7D Mkll / EF500 F4 / 1.4xlll Jeremy
  2. jmeyer

Show your Bird Portraits

We have a Varied Thrush visiting our state, roughly 4 hours to the northwest of me. I took a road trip yesterday, and visited a few areas in that part of the state. I got to the area of the thrush, about 20 minutes before sunrise. It was still very dark, and even after sunrise, lighting was...
  3. jmeyer

Show your Bird Portraits

Received a tip this morning, that the Long-eared Owls might be back at a previous roosting site. I walked around the area, but couldn't find them. Found fresh signs of them, but because it's a high traffic area for dog walkers, there's a good chance a dog flushed them out. I will check again at...
  4. jmeyer

Show your Bird Portraits

I use the 7D MKll.
  5. jmeyer

Show your Bird Portraits

My copy of the 100-400mm ll is extremely sharp wide open with the 1.4x Ill! I was really surprised, I thought I would need to stop down to f/9, but I don't. It is sharper than all of the 3rd party 600mm lenses. I bought the 100-400 because of how much you talked about it. I picked it up early...
  6. jmeyer

Show your Bird Portraits

Is anyone on here close to Albany, Wyoming? There is currently a Red Flanked Bluetail being seen and photographed. The bird is from Siberia in summer and in the middle of the continent over there during winter. If anyone is and is interested in a location, message me and I'll give you more info...
  7. jmeyer

Show your Bird Portraits

We've had a Carolina Wren hanging around a local park for a couple months. Yesterday, I was out and he was very cooperative. It's not rare or anything, rather not very common. 7D mkll / EF500 f4 / 1.4xlll Jeremy
  8. jmeyer

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks guys, it's always a lot of fun!
  9. jmeyer

Show your Bird Portraits

Here are a few more. All taken with 7D mkll / EF500 f4 / 1.4xlll. Jeremy American Redstart (female-fall) Black-and-white Warbler (1st fall) Common Yellowthroat (female-1st fall) Golden-winged Warbler (1st fall) Magnolia Warbler (1st fall) Magnolia Warbler (female-fall) Nashville Warbler (1st...
  10. jmeyer

Show your Bird Portraits

It's been awhile for me posting, I've been out every day after work since the end of August, chasing the fall warblers around. It is pretty much wrapped up now, even though yesterday I still had 11 warbler species, 4 of which were considered late. Fall warbler migration is extremely hard to...
  11. jmeyer

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you Jack! Thank you Graham! They are my favorite, and I look forward to the 3 weeks in spring and fall that I get up to 40 different species passing through my area. I use all my free time out in the woods watching these guys! Some of them will come within 1' of me. It's so relaxing and...
  12. jmeyer

Show your Bird Portraits

Here are a few more warbler shots. I'm just about done editing from May. All taken with 7D mkll / EF 500 / 1.4xlll. I'll list the names of them, in case they don't show. Jeremy Brewster's Warbler (Blue-winged x Golden-winged) Common Yellowthroat Golden-winged Warbler Northern Waterthrush...
  13. jmeyer

Show your Bird Portraits

I basically bought the lens because of how much Alan has raved about it. I wanted it for butterflies in the summer and I knew it would work for birds in the spring, when they're really close in some of the parks. I've used it for butterflies at the minimum distance with the extender, shooting at...
  14. jmeyer

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you Jack and Click!
  15. jmeyer

Show your Bird Portraits

Chestnut-sided Warbler Hooded Warbler Magnolia Warbler Mourning Warbler Nashville Warbler Northern Parula Orange-crowned Warbler Pine Warbler Prothonotary Warbler Yellow-throated Warbler